The Persona 4 Golden lag during cutscenes usually occurs during the start of the game however some players have reported that it occurs for most of the game cinematics. This is most likely caused by a bug which can be fixed by an update. Here are some fixes you can try.
Persona 4 Golden is a popular RPG game developed and released by Altus. It was first made for the PS Vita initially in 2012 but was later ported for the Windows platform just last June 2020. This game is an enhanced port of the original Persona 4 game for the PS2 where players help a protagonist carry out his daily life and solve the various murders happening in town.
Fix for Persona 4 Golden cutscene lag
A common problem faced by some players of this game is the lag that occurs when the cutscenes are being played. Some blame this to the Denuvo DRM management software that the game uses while others blame it to a bug which can be fixed by a game update. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
- Restart the computer.
- Try installing the game to an SSD.
- Try running the game in borderless windowed mode.
Method 1: Make sure the game is updated
You should make sure that any updates to the game are downloaded and installed.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Update the game
- Open the Steam launcher.
You can do this by clicking on it from the Start menu list of applications.
- Click on Library.
This is the second tab on top of the launcher.
- Look for the Persona 4 Golden game.
You should find this on the left pane.
- Right click the game then click on properties.
This will open the properties window.
- Click the updates tab.
This is the second tab on top of the window.
- Make sure to select the “Always keep this game up to date” option.
Do this from the Automatic Updates section.
Method 2: Make sure your computer is running on high performance mode to fix Persona 4 Golden cutscene lag
This will ensure that the CPU speed will not lower which can improve the performance of your PC.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Click System.
- Click Power & Sleep. This can be found on the left pane.
- Click Additional Power Settings. This can be found on the right pane under the Related Settings section.
- Select High Performance.
Method 3: Update your graphics card driver
An outdated graphics card driver can usually cause this problem. Make sure your computer has the latest driver update installed. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then here’s what you need to do.
- Right click on the NVIDIA settings icon.
- Click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click Check for updates.
If you don’t see the GeForce Experience then you should download it first from here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
You can also update your graphics card driver from the device manager.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Display Adapters.
- Right click the display adapter then click Update driver.
- Click search automatically for drivers.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Persona 4 Golden lag during cutscenes problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.