If you had forgotten about the Shield TV, you wouldn’t be the only one. Now, NVIDIA is pushing out an update to the TV box, bringing Android Pie to the device.
This isn’t just an Android Pie upgrade, though. NVIDIA has actually made a ton of changes here. Here’s just a few items included on the change log:
- Updates “Display and Sounds” advanced setting into two easier to navigate menus.
- Adds option to match content color space (Settings > Display & Sound > Advanced).
- Improves volume dynamic range for USB and bluetooth connected headsets.
- SHIELD TV remote app adds bluetooth assist for pairing and improves connection.
- Enables 720p refresh rate switching on supported apps.
- Adds “Disconnect Bluetooth accessories” option to quick settings.
- Adds IR power control options to customize on/off functionality.
- Adds option to turn off USB power when SHIELD sleeps.
- Adds option to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi network with shared SSID.
There’s additional accessory support as well. NVIDIA has also made enhancements to a variety of games and apps, including the first to get the Hulu with Live TV app.
Check out all of the changes below, and keep an eye out for the update on your machine!