If your new Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 won’t turn on, it could be a sign of just a minor issue or a complicated hardware-related problem depending on how it started or what happened with the phone before it started. Assuming that there aren’t any signs of physical and/or liquid damage, you may be able to fix this issue without any help from a technician.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 that would no longer turn on or respond. I will share with you the solution that has been proven effective in fixing problems like this. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by a similar problem, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
For smartphone owners who found our site while trying to find a solution, try to see if your phone is one of the devices we support. If it is, then visit the troubleshooting page for that device, browse through it to find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. However, if you still need our help after that, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Fixing Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 won’t turn on issue
You don’t need to do some very complicated troubleshooting procedures just to know why your phone is no longer working or responding. All you need is a couple of methods that we would would work should the problem occurred due to a software-related issue. With all that being said, here’s what you should do:
Posts you might like
First solution: Force restart your Huawei Y6 Pro 2019
This must be the very first thing you need to do if your device won’t turn on. In fact, it could be the only thing you need to do to bring it back to life. I am sure you’ve already tried booting the phone up countless time to no avail but starting it up normally won’t work. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously for 15 seconds or more.
If done correctly, your phone may boot up and that could be the end of the problem. However, if it’s still not responding after that, try doing the procedure a couple more times just to make sure you’re doing it right. If it’s still not responding after that, then try this:
- Press and hold the volume down button first and don’t release it.
- While you’re holding it down, press and hold the power key.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or more.
It is the same as the first procedure but we’re making sure this time that you’re doing it correctly. Press the volume down button and hold it first as the phone won’t respond to that but once you press and hold the power key, the device will immediately respond to it. If you can’t press and hold both keys at the same time, always make sure you press the volume down button first.
Assuming that the problem is just with the firmware or due to a system crash, your phone should already be booting up by now. However, if your Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 won’t turn on still, then you have to do the next procedure.
Second solution: Charge phone and force restart while connected to charger
It’s possible that the battery got drained completely and since the phone will automatically shut down some services and apps if the battery is low, there’s always a chance that the firmware will crash just before the battery runs out. When it happens, you’re dealing with a couple of very minor issues that both result to an unresponsive device. To rule this possibility out, here’s what you need to do…
- Plug the original charger to a working wall outlet.
- Using the original cable, connect the phone to its power adapter.
- Whether or not the phone shows the charging symbol, leave it connected to the charger for 10 minutes or more.
- After which, press and hold the volume down button and power key for 15 seconds or more while it’s still connected to its charger.
If the phone boots up, then problem solved. However, there’s no guarantee that the issues won’t happen again in the future. But if it would, at least now you know what to do if it becomes unresponsive again. If it keeps on happening over and over, you might as well factory reset your phone Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 to bring it back to its default settings and configuration. Make sure to create a backup of your important files and data before the reset as you may not be able to retrieve them once they’re deleted. To reset your phone, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Huawei P10 / P10 Plus.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and the Power keys together.
- When the Huawei logo appears, keep holding both keys until the screen turns black.
- The screen may turn black for a second or two and you may release the keys at this point.
- When you can see EMUI on the screen, it means you’ve reached your phone’s recovery system.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight “Wipe cache partition” and press the Power key to select it.
- Confirm your action and wait for the phone to finish wiping off contents of the cache partition.
- It may take for the phone to boot up a little longer but wait for it.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.