The Fitbit Versa is becoming one of the popular smartwatch models in the market due to its price of less than $200 and its several outstanding health and fitness features. It’s actually the best model right now in its price range.
New owners of this device will usually want to know how to update its software. Listed below are the steps that you need to perform.
How To Update Fitbit Versa
Before updating your watch make sure that it is fully charged first as the process can take several minutes to an hour and will use up a considerable amount of battery life.
Update using the phone/tablet Fitbit App
- Verify that the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet.
- With your charged watch or tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
- Tap or click the Account icon – your device image.
- Tap or click the pink Update button. You’ll only see an option to update your device if an update is available.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete. If the update is slow, don’t remove your device from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
Update from the Fitbit.com dashboard
- If your device came with a wireless sync dongle, make sure it’s plugged into a USB port on your computer.
- Verify that you’re using the latest version of Fitbit Connect.
- Go back to the main menu and click Check for device update.
- When prompted, log in to your Fitbit account. Fitbit Connect syncs your watch or tracker and then looks for an update. If an update is found, Fitbit Connect displays a progress bar until the update finishes. If your device has a screen, you’ll also see a progress bar there.
- Keep your device close to the computer during the update. When the update is done you’ll see a confirmation message and your device will restart. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete.
If your Versa fails to perform a software update
- Wait until the battery is at least 40% charged to start the update and keep your watch plugged into the charger.
- Make sure your watch is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use.
- Move your watch closer to your router.
- Make sure your router is connected to the internet.
- Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
- Remove your watch from your Fitbit account. For instructions, see How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?
- Remove your watch from the list of Bluetooth devices paired to your phone. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > find the watch in the list > find an option to forget the device.
- Reconnect your watch to your Fitbit account.
- Try again to update your watch.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.