The #LG #Zone4 is a budget Android smartphone model released last year which has several good features. It is a popular prepaid device on the Verizon network which has a 5 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It has a single 8MP rear camera and a single 5MP front camera. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 425 processor which is paired with 2GB of RAM allowing multiple apps to run with ease. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG Zone 4 black screen of death issue.
If you own an LG Zone 4 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The LG Zone 4 Black Screen of Death Issue
The Black Screen of Death is an issue that occurs on a mobile device that’s characterized by the screen not working at all and all you see is black. When this issue occurs the phone might still be on and getting notifications but nothing can be seen on its display or it can be totally off and not responding at all. This issue usually happens right after the phone has been dropped, submerged in water, or it can also be due to a software glitch. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Charge the phone
Posts you might like
You will need to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge so that you can immediately eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a drained battery.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in it is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device and check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a soft reset
The next thing you will need to do in this case is to refresh the phone software which can be done by a soft reset. This will usually fix minor issues caused by a software glitch. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done check if the phone will turn on.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
Sometimes the cached data stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button. Release both buttons when the System Recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache and press the power button to confirm.
- Restart the device.
Check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to fix the LG Zone 4 black screen of death issue then your last option is to do a factory reset. Take note that this process will delete your phone data so make sure you already have a backup copy of the contents of your device before proceeding with this step.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete check if the issue still occurs. If it does then this is most likely caused by a faulty hardware component in which case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.