The Sonos Roam not turning on issue can be caused by several factors. The battery might not be charged, there might be a software glitch, or this might be caused by a faulty circuit. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps on this Bluetooth device.
The Sonos Roam is a portable Bluetooth speaker that can also connect via Wi-Fi. It is a smart speaker that can work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Some of its features include an IP67 waterproof body, Apple AirPlay 2 compatible, and a 10 hour battery life just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the Sonos Roam:
- 2 Class-H digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to the drivers and speaker’s unique acoustic architecture.
- One tweeter creates a crisp high-frequency response.
- One mid-woofer ensures faithful playback of mid-range frequencies and maximises low-end output.
- Far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming, and multi-channel echo cancellation enables quick voice assistant activation and automatic Trueplay tuning.
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof (Can be submerged in three feet of water for up to 30 minutes.)
- Dimensions: 6.61 x 2.44 x 2.36 inches
- Weight: 0.95 lb
- USB Port: USB-C 15W, 5V/3A
- Battery: 18Wh battery provides up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge.
- Charging: Charge with the included USB-C cable and any 5V/1.5A or 2.1A USB power adapter, a Qi-certified wireless charger, or the custom-designed Sonos Wireless Charger.
- WiFi: Connects to WiFi network with any 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 or 5 GHz broadcast-capable router.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 supports audio streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, or other device.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
- Voice: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
What to do when your Sonos Roam doesn’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Sonos Roam Bluetooth speaker is when it is not turning on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you need to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Posts you might like
Solution 1: Perform a factory reset on Sonos roam
The first thing you should do in this case is a factory reset or hard reset. This is a procedure that will delete the data stored on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the speaker.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- While holding the Play button, press and release the power button.
This initiates the reset process.
- Continue holding the Play button until the light on the front flashes orange and white.
This indicates that the reset process is successful.
Solution 2: Charge the speaker to fix not turning on issue
If the battery of the speaker does not have any charge then you won’t be able to turn it on. To fix this all you need to do is to charge the speaker. Make sure to test the charging cord and wall charger you will be using, making sure it works when used with other devices.
- Insert the USB-C cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Make sure the other end of the USB cord is plugged securely to a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter.
- Plug the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 2 hours then check if you can turn on the speaker.
Solution 3: Faulty battery
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by a defective battery. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center. Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Solution: Faulty circuit board
Even if this speaker is IP67 certified there’s still a chance for water to get inside the speaker. When this happens then its internal components will get water damaged. If this is what’s causing the problem then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having the Sonos Roam not turning on issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.