The #Samsung #Galaxy #Note9 is the latest model in the Note series that was released recently. This phone has the largest display in the series so far as it uses a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display. It also uses an advanced S Pen that has Bluetooth capabilities. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 8GB of RAM allowing the phone to run multiple apps smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy Note 9 freezes when using video apps issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Freezes When Using Video Apps
Problem: Hello, So the problem I have with my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, is that after resetting (Regular & Master Reset) my phone has been having some problems. I don’t believe it has to do with apps but with the actual hardware itself and it may be some type of malware. Anything involving any type of video app it tends to flicker out or change whatever it’s trying to transmit. With my Camera App, if recording it stops the recording on its own after 10-45 seconds. With the Youtube App if watching something in full screen or even normally with the video sitting on the top, my phone closes out of Youtube making the small video appear on the bottom left and it either goes back to the home screen or the previous app I was on (but mostly home screen.) Lastly, with the Skype app, if I’m on Skype with someone, they would have to turn their webcam off and back on after that 10-45 second mark because it wouldn’t make their video come through anymore. Even some games that I try to play suddenly pause and ask me if I want to leave the game. It is a very annoying problem. I am running the phone in Safe Mode now and everything is working completely fine, but when it’s not in Safe Mode it acts up the way I described up above. I hope you can help me with this problem and thank you for taking your time to look at this message.
Solution: With the advanced hardware present in this model it should be able to handle any app with ease without freezing. The main troubleshooting steps that you will need to do in this case is targeted to the phone software as there might be some glitch that is causing this problem.
Posts you might like
First, make sure to check if there are any software updates available for your phone. If an update is available then make sure to update your phone accordingly.
If your phone is already running on the latest software version yet the issue still persists then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
Start the phone in Safe Mode then check if the issue occurs in this mode.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
If the issue does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app installed in your phone. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
In case you can’t find what app is causing the problem or if the issue still occurs even in Safe Mode then I recommend that you backup your phone data then do a factory reset in recovery mode.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.