Random reboots are often due to some problems with the system or the firmware. If your phone started to restart by itself, don’t worry too much because it could be just a minor problem and you may be able to fix it on your own. We have readers that own the Nokia 6 who complained about similar issues. According to some, the problem started without any apparent reason or cause while others said the problem started after an update.
There are cases wherein random reboots are caused by a failure of some hardware components especially the battery. But if your phone is still new, it’s impossible that the issue is with the hardware unless there’s a known manufacturing problem with the device. In the case of the Nokia 6, we haven’t heard any reports of manufacturing defects so if the random reboots started without any obvious cause, it should be just a minor issue with the firmware. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently bugged by a similar problem, continue reading as this post may help you.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix Nokia 6 that keeps rebooting by itself
First of all, I would assume that your phone hasn’t been dropped on a hardware surface or got wet because this problem could also be due to physical and/or liquid damage. In the case that reboots started after the phone suffered either physical or liquid damage, there’s no point in troubleshooting it by yourself. You should bring it immediately to the shop or back to the store where you bought it so that a technician can check it up for you. Now, assuming that this problem started without apparent reason, here’s what I suggest you do about it.
- Reboot your Nokia 6 first – if this is the first time that the problem occurred, there’s a chance that it’s just temporary. You should first restart it to refresh its memory. After the reboot, continue using your phone to know if the random reboots are still happening and if they do, move on to the next step.
- Use your phone in safe mode – doing this will give you an idea if the problem is caused by a third-party or two. By running your device in safe mode, you’re temporarily disabling all third-party apps so if one of them is causing the problem, the phone should work perfectly in this environment. The next thing you should is such case is to find out which app causes the problem and uninstall it. But if the problem still occurs in safe mode, then move on to the next solution.
- Backup your files and reset your phone – at this point, if the problem continues to manifest, you have no other choice but to reset the phone. This will rule out the possibility that the problem is with the firmware. After the reset and the problem continues, then you can say that it’s a hardware issue. However, before the reset, make sure that you make a backup of your important files and data as this will be deleted.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to fix screen flickering, other display problems on your Nokia 8 (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 8 that won’t turn on, no power issue (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 8 that keeps disconnecting from your Wi-Fi network [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Nokia 8 that turned off by itself and won’t turn back on (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 6 2018 smartphone that cannot send / receive text message or SMS (easy steps)
- How to fix a Nokia 6 2018 smartphone that is frozen or not responding (easy steps)