The LG G6 Plus is basically the bigger brother of the company’s flagship and it packs really impressive hardware specs but just like any other smartphones in the market today, it’s not free from errors and problems. Among the most common problems owners have encountered has something to do with the phone’s capability to turn on or boot up. Many have reported that they found out their units have a black screen and won’t turn on or respond. This kind of problem can be a very minor firmware issue or it could be a serious hardware problem.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your LG G6 Plus that no longer turns on. I will share with you the solution that we’ve always been using to effectively fix this problem and make the phone respond again. It’s not the first time that we encounter this issue so we already know a thing or two that could help you fix it. So, continue reading as this article may help you one way or another.
Before going any further though, if you have other concerns with your phone, make sure you visit our LG G6 troubleshooting page where we list down every problem we address each week. Find issues that are similar or related to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you need further assistance, then feel free to reach out to us by completing our Android issues questionnaire.
How to fix LG G6 Plus that no longer powers up
This problem may seem like a very serious hardware issue but most of the time, based on experience, it’s just a very minor firmware-related glitch or issue. It’s often due to a firmware crash wherein the device becomes unresponsive and most of the time has a black screen. There are also times when the phone is stuck on a screen and shows signs that it’s powered on. Here’s what you should do if your phone has a black screen and won’t turn on…
First solution: Forced Restart
This is the most effective method to address a firmware crash assuming that’s really the problem with your phone. In fact, this can be the only thing you need to do to make your device respond again. If you’re familiar with the battery pull procedure we often do to phones with removable batteries, this is the equivalent of that only that we do this to phones with non-removable batteries.
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power key at the same time for 10 seconds or more.
Your LG G6 Plus may reboot normally after doing this but if not, then try doing it a couple more times to make sure you’re doing it right. Or, you may also try this…
- Press and hold the volume down button first and don’t release it.
- Press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or so.
This is basically the same as the first procedure only that we’re making sure that you press and hold the volume down button before you do that to the power key because doing otherwise won’t give you similar result. After doing this and your LG G6 Plus is still not turning on, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Try charging your phone and do the Forced Reboot again
If your phone is still not responding even after doing the second procedure, then it’s possible that the battery got drained completely. If the battery has been drained completely, there’s a chance that the firmware also crashed by the time the juice ran out because hardware components as well as the system could shut down properly. If a firmware crash would result to an unresponsive phone and even if the forced reboot can make your phone respond again, if there’s not enough battery left to power on the device, you will still have an unresponsive device. So, in this section, I want you to do the following:
- Plug the charger into a working wall outlet. It’s important that you use the wired charger for this procedure.
- Using the original power / data cable, connect the device to its charger.
- Now, regardless whether the device shows up the charging signs or not, allow the phone to be connected to its charger for 10 minutes, at least.
- After which, press and hold the volume down button first and don’t let it go.
- Now, press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or more while the phone is still connected to its charger.
If the problem isn’t with the hardware, your phone should be working properly now. However, after doing these things and the phone continues to be unresponsive, then it’s time to bring the device to the service center.
I hope that you don’t have to go to a shop to get your phone respond again but if the device is still not responding after all these, then you have no other choice.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to fix your LG G6 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G6 Text Messages Takes Forever To Send Issue & Other Related Problems
- How to fix your LG G6 with screen flickering issue [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G6 Unfortunately Home Has Stopped Issue & Other Related Problems
- LG G6 Screen Is Flickering Issue & Other Related Problems
- LG G6 Not Turning On After Software Update Issue & Other Related Problems