The JBL Go 3 will not connect to Bluetooth problem prevents you from connecting the speaker to your music device. This can be caused by several factors such as low battery power, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The JBL Go 3 is a popular portable Bluetooth speaker that’s small in size yet offers a rich and powerful sound quality. It has a rugged built quality that’s waterproof allowing it to withstand any outdoor environment. Some of its features include an IP67 waterproof and dustproof body, 5 hour playback time, and vibrant color options just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the JBL Go 3:
- Transducer: 43 x 47mm/1.5″
- Output power: 4.2W RMS
- Frequency response: 110Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 85dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 2.775Wh
- Battery charge time: 2.5 hours (5V/1A)
- Music play time: up to 5 hours (dependent on
- volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range:
- 2402MHz − 2480MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 8dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 87.5 x 75 x 41.3mm / 3.4″ x 2.7″ x 1.6″
- Weight: 0.209kg/0.46 lbs
What to do when your JBL Go 3 cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Go 3 Bluetooth speaker is when it does not connect to a Bluetooth device such as your phone. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to play your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset to fix JBL Go 3 will not connect problem
A factory reset or hard reset will delete the data stored on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when there are charging problems.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Remove the USB-C charging cable if connected.
This ensures that the device will not be charging.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this until the device turns off which should be around 10 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
After performing these steps try checking if it can pair to a Bluetooth device.
Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
Sometimes the problem is caused by the Bluetooth speaker paired to another device. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the JBL Go 3.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds
- When the blue light will begin flashing the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect.
Make sure your phone or other Bluetooth device is scanning for a connection so that the speaker name will appear on it. Try connecting to the speaker.
Method 3: Charge the JBL Go 3 speaker
The Bluetooth connection of the speaker will not work if its battery is low on battery charge. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A and not greater than 2.0A.
Leave this charging for at least 2.5 hours then check if the Bluetooth problem still occurs.
Method 4: Device is not in range
To ensure the optimum listening experience using this Bluetooth speaker, the device it is connecting to should not be more than 100 feet away. This range will decrease if there are a lot of obstructions or signal interferences such as walls or radios between both devices.
Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to side by side then check if the problem still occurs.
Having connection issues on a Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.