The #Google #Pixel3 is one of the two latest flagship phones released by the search giant which has several impressive features. This phone has a solid build quality made of an Aluminum frame with Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor paired with 4GB of RAM which allows the device to run multiple apps smoothly. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Google Pixel 3 turns off at Google logo issue.
If you own a Google Pixel 3 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Google Pixel 3 Turns Off At Google Logo
Problem: Pixel 3 bought as xmas present so 2 weeks old Ran out of battery now will not work When I try to turn power on google brand comes on the does power off I have held the power button for 30 seconds which causes battery sign with lightning in the middle for a second then a small line in the centre of the screen therefore looks like it is charging but will not power on, I have left on charge overnight Can you please advice.
Solution: When the phone turns off after displaying the Google logo then this usually means that the battery charge has been depleted. The first thing you should do then in this case is to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge by following the steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris stuck in the port as this will interfere with the charging process.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port. If you have a wireless charger available then you should also try charging the phone wirelessly.
Once the phone has fully charged then try turning it on. In case it does not turn on then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Perform a force restart
What you will want to do in this case is a soft reset. This is usually done when the phone becomes unresponsive but can also be performed for this issue as this procedure will refresh the phone software. To do this just press and hold the Power button for about 10 to 20 seconds or until it power cycles. Check if the issue still occurs.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
In case the issue still persists then the next step is to check if the problem occurs when the phone is started in Safe Mode.
- With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button until the Power off prompt appears then release.
- Touch and hold Power off until the “Reboot to safe mode” prompt appears then release.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Does the problem occur in this mode? If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert the phone back to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing this step.
- Hold the Power Button Until the Phone Is Off
- Hold the Power Button and the Volume Down Button for a Few Seconds
- Wait to See Fastboot Mode on the Screen
- Let Go of the Buttons
- Select Recovery Mode
- Wait for the Android Robot Image to Pop Up
- Hold Down the Power Button and Then Press the Volume Up Button
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Select Yes
- Select Reboot System Now
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The battery or power IC of the phone might not be working properly right now. The best thing you can do is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.