There are several factors that can cause Sport earbuds to not turn on such as earbuds in standby mode, battery issues, earbuds temperature, faulty charger or USB cable, an outdated version to a bug in the system. In here, we will tackle Sport earbuds specification details and the recommended troubleshooting solutions to fix not turning on problem with Bose Sport Earbuds product.
What to do if Bose Sport earbuds does not turn on
Bose Sport Earbuds specification details:
- Dimensions: 0.74″ H x 1.05″ W x 0.83″ D (Earbuds) ; 1.18″ H x 3.6″ W x 1.63″ D (charging case)
- Weight: 0.24 oz each earbuds
- USB cable length: 12 inches
- Materials: Plastic (earbuds); Silicone (Ear tips) 3 sizes included; Hard Plastic (Charging case)
- Battery life: up to 5 hours per charge
- Battery charge time: 2 hours (Earbuds); 3 hours (Charging case); 15-minutes (2 hours quick charge time)
- Charge Method: USB-c
- Battery type: Lithium ion (coin cell enclosed in metal for earbuds) ; Lithium ion (pouch cell for charging case)
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet (9 meters) version 5.1
- Wireless: YES
- Sweat and weather Resistant: YES IPX 4 rated
- Bose Music App: YES
- Colors available: Blue, White, Black
If Bose Sport Earbuds seems to be receiving power when charging but will not turn ON even after a minutes or hours plugged into the power source, try the following solutions below:
Solution 1: Use a different cable and charger
Most of the time, the common cause of products nor turning ON because of a faulty USB cable and charger. This means that if you are using a USB cable and charger that is not working or is having issues, it will not charge earbuds hence earbuds will not turn on.
To fix issue with a faulty USB cable, try to use a different USB cable to plug charging case to power source. This is to confirm whether or not the previous USB cable is faulty or not.
Also, charging time varies with the kind of charger used to charge the charging case. For faster charging time, it is recommended to use a charger with a higher current rating of 1 amp or 1000 milliamp as compared to a lower current rating of 1 amp or 1000milliamp and lower. To check this, you can see a small text label on the charger as a A for amps or Milliamps for mA.
Solution 2: Check if earbuds is in standby mode
A good feature with Bose earbuds is that when it is not use or has been inactive for about 20 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode when earbuds are not on the charging case. This feature conserves the battery of the earbuds when not in use. If this happens, you will notice that earbuds will not turn on.
To fix this, you need wake up earbuds from standby mode by inserting the left and the right earbuds in the ears. Alternatively, you can use Bose Music App to wake up earbuds from standby mode.
Solution 3: Check for the status light on LED before removing the earbuds from case
Normally, when both Bose earbuds and its charging case are charged fully sleep mode will automatically be enabled. When earbuds are in sleep mode, it is probably the cause why Bose sport earbuds does not turn. Therefore to fix this, before removing the earbuds from its charging case, make sure that the status light on the LED is glowing.
Solution 4: Sport earbuds should be at room temperature
Unexpected situations can occur such as Bose sport earbuds are exposed to either extreme hot or extreme cold temperatures. Exposure to such temperature can cause issues on the earbuds such as will not charge therefore when not charging it will not also turn on.
To fix this, make sure to wait for sport earbuds temperature to be at room temperature before attempting to charge it again or to turn it on again.
Solution 5: Check for and install available updates
Outdated versions of Bose sport earbuds can cause minor issues. The only solution to this is to check for and install any available updates. When you update Bose Sport earbuds, it will have the latest features and updated enhancements and fixe not turning on issues as well.
To do this, you can either choose one of the following ways:
Via Bose Music app. This is an application that allows you set and manage controls, update, and check battery life. An app free to download on iOS devices (App store) and Android Devices (Google Play).
Via Bose Updater that can be found on Bose website. You may need to select your country or region then download and install Bose updater app.
After checking for and installing new updates, try turning Bose sport earbuds ON to check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 6: Reset Bose sport earbuds
If the solutions mentioned above did not fix not turning on issue with Bose earbuds, you may need to reset the product. This is done to correct and fix minor issues that can cause not turning on problem.
- Connect charging case to power source
- Put earbuds inside charging case
- Close charging case then open it again after 5 seconds.
- While earbuds are inside charging case, press and hold Bluetooth button for about 30 seconds. LED lights will first blink, then glow a solid white light then blinks blue.
- On the Bluetooth device it was previously connected to, go to its Bluetooth settings. Located Bose sport earbuds name and then tap on Remove or Forget product option.
- Reconnect Bose sport earbuds again to the Bluetooth device.
After Bose sport earbuds has been reset, try turning Bose sport earbuds ON to check if the issue still occurs.
Hope this article helps with Bose Sport earbuds does not turn on problem.
For more troubleshooting videos, visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel
- Fix Bose SoundSport Headphones Does Not Connect To Bluetooth Device
- How To Fix Bose QuietComfort Earbuds Will Not Charge