There are several factors that cause Bose SoundSport Wireless headphone to not turn on ranging from a drained battery, outdated version of the software to a bug in the software. In here, we will give you a few details of Bose headphone specifications and the recommended troubleshooting solutions that you can to fix not turning on issue with Bose SoundSport wireless headphone.
What to do if SoundSport Wireless Headphone does not turn on
Bose SoundSport Wireless headphone specification details:
- Headphone dimensions (Without the cable) : 1.2″ H x 1″ W x 1.2” D
- Weight: 0.8 oz
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Battery life: 6 hours (Full charge)
- Bose connect app: Compatible
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet (9meters)
- NFC pairing: YES
- Sweat and Weather resistant: YES
- Colors available: Citron, Aqua & Black
If SoundSport is connected to a power source but it does not seem to be receiving any power, try the following solutions below:
Solution 1: Make sure Headset if turned ON
Turn ON wireless headphone , press Power button / Bluetooth button and wait for the status light to indicate the battery charge level of the headphone. Normally, when the headphone is turned on, a voice prompt usually states the current battery charge level of the product at the same time LED battery which is located at the back of the right (R) earbud will glow for about 10 seconds.
Solution 2: Check current battery level
The next thing to is to check and make sure that the battery is not depleted. Lithium ion batteries usually depletes with prolonged usage.
Here are the different colors the LED will show and what does it mean:
- Amber light (Blinking): Charging
- Green light (Solid) : Charging is complete
When not connected to a power source:
- Green light (Solid): Medium to full charge
- Amber Light (Solid): Low charge
- Red light (Blinking: battery needs to be charged.
Solution 3: Try a different USB cable and charger
Make sure that the USB cable that you used to charge the headset is not faulty. Using a faulty USB Cable will not charge the headset, hence, it will not turn on. Try to use a different USB cable to charge the headset, this is to confirm whether the pervious cable is faulty or not.
Charging time may vary with the charger being used. A higher current rating of 1 amp or 1000 milliamp charges faster as compared to a lower current rating of less than 1 amp or 1000 milliamp. Current rating can be seen as a small text on the charger. Make sure to check that one too to know if you are using a fast charging charger or not.
Solution 4: Reset Bose headset
If none of the methods mentioned above fix not turning on issue with Bose headset, you may need to reset the product. Resetting reboots the products, deletes all saved settings and bring the headphone back to its default state.
To do this:
- Press Power button to turn OFF headphone
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before connecting headphone to a power supply with a USB charger
- Wait for at least 5 seconds before you unplug USB cord from the headset
- Wait for another minute, then press Power button again to turn ON headset
Once Bose SoundSport wireless headset is reset, check if not turning issue still occurs.