If you want to save a backup of your Galaxy Watch Active data, you need to pair the watch to a mobile. Backups can’t be initiated from the watch itself so if you’re using the phone offline (not paired with a phone), the steps in this guide won’t help.
How to backup data of your Galaxy Watch Active
Creating a backup of your Galaxy Watch Active data is easy. Just follow the steps below and you should be good to go:
- From a Home screen on your companion phone, do one of the following:
- For Android smartphones, tap the Galaxy Wearable app.
- For Apple iPhones, tap the Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S) app.
- From the Home tab, tap Account and backup.
- Tap Back up and restore.
- Tap Backup settings.
- If you want to enable Auto back up, turn it on by moving the slider to the right.
- Select (check) the desired options (e.g., Phone, Messages, Settings, etc.) then tap Back up now at the bottom.
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook page.