One user reported that he is having trouble with his Samsung Galaxy S4 ringer going mute automatically. The likely cause of this problem is the motion and gestures function of the phone that automatically performs the action.
Here is a way to disable it:
1. Press the Menu key.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Tap the “My Device” tab.
4. Scroll down all the way to the “Input and Control” section and select “Motions and Gestures”.
5. Choose Motion.
6. Still on Motion, you can move the slider switch the left to disable all the motion activated commands of your device. If you do not want to disable the motion commands of every app in your phone, you can scroll down to the Mute/Pause menu and move its slider to the left so that it will only affect incoming calls.
If you have performed the steps above and you are still getting the same problem, you are probably experiencing a glitch in the system of your Galaxy S4. You can go over it by simply restarting your device. But if the problem still persists, you might have an app causing it. So, just disable or uninstall the app to solve the issue.
A recent software version update can also be the reason of the trouble. However, there have been no known cases with other users with the recent software updates of Samsung yet. Still, it might be worth calling your carrier or Samsung about it, just in case.
As a last resort if all else fails, try resetting your Galaxy S4 to its factory settings. Don’t forget to backup your files before performing this though.
For a hard reset after backing up your data, follow the steps below which were provided by Vodafone:
1. Press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up keys altogether.
2. Release the buttons once you see the Android logo.
3. Scroll down using the Volume Down key until the “wipe data/factory reset” is highlighted.
4. Confirm your decision by choosing yes.
5. Again, using the Volume Down key, highlight and select the “reboot system now” command to finish the process.
Email to Us Your Questions and Suggestions
I hope that the information provided here somehow helped. For more questions, write to us at [email protected]. Just be detailed as much as possible in your questions so we can effectively pinpoint your problem and help you find the right solution for it.
Users who have something to contribute on the subject can also share their views and suggestions via [email protected] or on the comment box below.