Even a premium phone like the Sony Xperia XZ Premium can also be plagued with problems that affect its capability to turn on and boot up properly. In fact, there’ve been several owners have been complaining that their devices turned off and won’t turn back on. Anybody would think that it’s hardware issue but if it occurred without apparent reason or cause, that may not be the case.
Aside from the hardware, the operating system is also responsible in making the phone run properly. In fact, if there’s a tiny problem with the system, it may result to a phone that won’t respond and that might be the case here. So, we will have to look into this problem to know why your Xperia XZ Premium can no longer turn back on. If you’re one of the owners of this phone and are currently bugged by a similar problem, continue reading as this post may be able to help you.
For smartphone owners who found our site while trying to find a solution, try to see if your phone is one of the devices we support. If it is, then visit the troubleshooting page for that device, browse through it to find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. However, if you still need our help after that, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix Sony Xperia XZ Premium that won’t turn on
First off, if you dropped your phone on a hard surface or used it underwater for a while and then this problem started, then you might be looking at a possible physical or liquid damage. In this case, you should bring the phone to the service center so that the technician can do whatever it is that needed to be done to salvage your phone. I understand that Xperia XZ Premium has the IP68 rating but bear in mind that such certification is only for dust and water resistance; your device is resistant to water for a given period of time but given the right circumstances, there’s still a chance that water can get into your phone and mess up the circuits.
However, if the problem occurred out of the blue without apparent reason, then it should pretty easy to fix. To do so, follow these steps…
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key at the same time for 6 seconds or more.
This is what we often refer to as “Forced Restart” because for smartphones with non-removable batteries, it’s like pulling the battery out of the device without actually doing it. In other words, it has the benefits of the battery pull procedure and it’s also very effective in addressing problems that have something to do with the crashing of the system. If, however, your phone doesn’t respond to this, they try this.
- Press and hold the Volume Up first and don’t let it go.
- Now, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume Up button.
- Keep both keys held down for 6 seconds or more to reboot your phone.
This basically has the same effect as the first procedure only that we’re trying to make sure the combination is done correctly. Holding down the Volume Up button before the Power key has a different effect than doing it otherwise. If by any chance your Sony Xperia XZ Premium is still not responding to this, then here’s the next thing you could do…
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and make sure you’re using the original charger.
- Using the original cable, connect your phone to its charger.
- Leave the phone connected to its charger for at least 10 minutes regardless whether it’s responding to it or not.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key at the same time for 6 seconds or more.
We’re trying to rule out the possibility that the phone isn’t responding due to a drained battery so we connect it to its charger so that it could have a stable power source. Then, we tried doing the Forced Restart again but this time while the device is connected to its charger. After doing this and the phone is still not responding or turning on, then it’s time you brought it to the service center so that a technician can check it out.
I hope that our solution will work for you. If you still have concerns you want to share with us, leave a comment below.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to fix a Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 that is showing No SIM card error (easy steps)
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 that’s stuck in infinite boot loop (easy steps)
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 with ‘moisture detected’ error (easy steps)
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 that won’t turn on (easy fix)
- How to fix Nokia 8 that turned off by itself and won’t turn back on (easy steps)