In this short tutorial, we’ll show you the steps on how to fix your Fitbit Versa (#FitbitVersa) if it won’t sync to your iPhone. Although not a common occurrence, there is a significant number of users reporting this issue from time to time. If you are one of the unfortunate few to encounter this problem, learn what to do below.
How to fix Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone
Are you having syncing troubles on your Fitbit device? Syncing is the term that refers to the transfer of data between your Fitbit device and another gadget, usually a phone or sometimes a computer. If your Fitbit Versa won’t sync to your iPhone and you have no idea why, there are a number of factors that you can check. Syncing occurs when your Fitbit Versa connects to your iPhone via Bluetooth so checking Bluetooth functionality is one of the basic things that you need to do. This troubleshooting article will show you what you can do if you can’t seem to sync your Fitbit to your iPhone.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #1: Try to sync manually
The first troubleshooting step that you want to do in this case is to try to sync manually. Sometimes, the Fitbit app may encounter a bug that it can’t fix by itself. Helping it to sync manually at times help so be sure to do this. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Fitbit app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Fitbit device icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap Sync Now.
- Check for the device.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #2: Charge your Fitbit Versa
If your Fitbit Versa is off, it won’t be able to sync or transfer data to your iPhone. Make sure that you charge the device before syncing again.
To charge your Fitbit Versa:
- Plug the charging cradle into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
- The charging cradle uses a spring clip to hold Versa in place while charging.
- Pinch the spring clip and place Versa in the charging cradle. The pins on the charging cradle must align with the gold contacts on the back of the watch.
- The connection is secure when the percent charged appears on screen.
- While the watch charges, tap the screen to check the battery level. Tap the screen twice to use Versa while it charges
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #3: Restart Fitbit Versa
If your Fitbit Versa still won’t sync to your iPhone, the next move for you is to restart your Fitbit device. This is often effective in fixing minor or temporary bugs. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your Fitbit Versa, go to the main or Home screen.
- Swipe left on the screen until you see Settings.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About.
- Select Shutdown.
- Tap Yes to confirm shutdown.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #4: Disconnect Bluetooth
If restarting the device won’t help, the next good thing to do is to restart the Bluetooth function. This is often effective in fixing most minor Bluetooth connection issues. The best way to re-establish Bluetooth connection is by disabling Bluetooth in your iPhone. Simply turn Bluetooth for a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #5: Restart your iPhone
If Fitbit Versa still won’t sync to your iPhone, consider restarting your iPhone. Refer to this page for details on how to restart your specific iPhone.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #6: Reinstall Fitbit app
In some cases, Fitbit Versa syncing issues are only fixed by reinstalling the Fitbit app. If you still have the problem at this time, be sure to delete Fitbit app from your iPhone. Then, restart your iPhone and reinstall the app afterwards.
Fitbit Versa won’t sync to iPhone fix #7: Factory reset your Fitbit Versa
Should nothing work and your Fitbit Versa still won’t sync to your iPhone, you want to factory reset the Fitbit device.
There are two ways to factory reset a Fitbit Versa. The easier way to wipe your watch is to do the first option so we suggest that you try this first (hard reset via Settings).
How to hard reset Fitbit Versa via Settings
Unless your Fitbit Versa fails to turn on, wiping your device via Settings menu should be your primary option. Don’t forget: factory reset will return the software to its defaults. This means that all your apps and personal data will be erased, including cards you added under Wallet.
If you want to sell or give the device away, we suggest that you remove the Fitbit Versa from your Fitbit account first and forget the device on your phone.
To remove a Fitbit Versa from your Fitbit account:
- Go to www.fitbit.com and log in.
- From the Dashboard, click the device you’d like to remove.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Remove This Fitbit ( Versa) From Your Account and click OK.
Now, if you wish to go ahead with factory reset, follow the simple steps below:
- On your Fitbit Versa, swipe left on the screen.
- Continue swiping to the left until you find Settings app.
- Tap Settings.
- Swipe down and tap About.
- Tap Factory Reset.
How to hard reset Fitbit Versa using hardware buttons
If you happen to be having an issue with your Fitbit Versa and it’s not allowing you to go to Settings menu, don’t worry. You should still be able to hard reset your Fitbit Versa using the hardware buttons. Again, this procedure will wipe the device and erase your personal data. Be sure to back your data up before doing the steps below.
- On the Versa, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don’t follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.