In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you the most effective ways to fix Destiny 2 flickering issue that seems to be bothering some gamers. This problem is fixable and most of the time, it’s software-related. So you’ll be able to fix it on your own. Continue reading to learn more.
The screen flickering issue when playing a game can be due to a minor issue with the game, or it can be a sign of a hardware problem. Most of the time, it can be fixed by basic troubleshooting procedures, as long as it’s not due to a damaged component. You need to determine the cause of the problem to be able to fix it.
If you are one of gamers who encountered this problem, then here are the things you should do:
Fix #1: Close the game and restart your computer
If you’ve never encountered such an issue before, then it’s probably just one of those transient problems that occur and go away immediately. So the first thing you have to do is to close the game, and then refresh the memory of your PC by rebooting it. Here’s how you do it:
- Press the CTRL, ALT and Delete keys at the same time.
- Click Task manager.
- Look for Destiny 2, click on it and then click the End task button at the lower-left corner of the window.
- Once the game is closed, click the Start button.
- Click Power, and then Restart.
Once your PC is up and ready, launch Destiny 2 once again to see if the flickering is gone as well.
Fix #2: Make sure the graphics driver is updated
Another possibility that you have to rule out is that the driver that your graphics card is using is already outdated. Manufacturers roll out updates for their graphics cards as often as possible to be able to cope up with the game demands nowadays. So this should be the next thing you should do. The most basic way to know if the GPU needs to be updated is by doing these steps:
- Click the Start icon, type “file explorer” and click the File Explorer app.
- On the left panel, right-click on This PC and click Properties.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click on your GPU and click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers, and wait until your PC finishes the update.
You may also use the software that comes with your graphics card to download updates. Use whatever tool you have just to make sure the drivers aren’t obsolete.
Fix #3: Verify the integrity of game files
Another thing you have to do if the problem continues despite doing the previous solutions, is to make sure the game files aren’t corrupted or missing. Let the Steam client scan Destiny 2 game files and let it rectify whatever issues they may have. Here’s how you do it:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Navigate to the Library tab, right-click on Destiny 2 and click Properties.
- Navigate to Local Files and then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the verification is finished.
Once the process is done, run Destiny 2 again and see if the problem is fixed. Most of the time, this procedure is enough to make any game work smoothly. However, if the flickering still occurs, then move on to the next solution.
Fix #4: Reinstall Destiny 2
After doing the previous solutions and the game continues to make the screen flicker when you play it, then you have no other choice but to uninstall it, and re-download a fresh copy from Steam. Uninstalling it will remove all its game files and caches, as well as its association with the system and other apps. Here’s how you do it:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Navigate to the Library tab and right-click on Destiny 2.
- Hover over Manage, and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall one more time to remove the game from your computer.
When the game is uninstalled, reboot your computer before reinstalling the game. This should take care of the problem.
We hope that this guide can be helpful to you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!