When a Playstation 4 is acting up, takes time to respond or basically doesn’t operate properly as it should, clearing the system’s cache can do the trick to fix it. This is one of the basic solutions that you can immediately apply with regard to PS4 performance concerns. In this article, we will provide the steps on how to clear PS4 cache for your reference as this might come in handy in the future.
What is PS4 cache?
Just like with computers, cache can also be found in gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation. Playstation 4 cache are temporary files and data stored on the console’s system to help improve the overall performance of a game.
Why do you need to delete your PS4 cache?
As times go by, these temporary files and data which are automatically stored on the console can get corrupted and eventually can cause lagging issues, game freezing and other errors. Thus, it is recommended to clear PS4 cache regularly to eliminate these problems and for the console to run smoothly. Take note that this process doesn’t affect your saved data and the current progress of your games in the console.
Easy steps on how to clear PS4 Cache
The method to clear PS4 cache is quick and easy to follow. See below for the step by step instruction.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Choose Turn Off PS4. Ensure that the console is completely off and not set in Rest Mode in order for the process to work.
- Unplug the power cable found at the back of the PS4 after the power light in front of the console stops blinking. The power cord needs to be disconnected from the console itself and not just from the wall outlet to clear the cache.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before connecting the power cord back to the console.
- Turn on the PS4. The PS4 cache should now be cleared and then you can try to launch a game to test if the system is running properly now.
When do you need to clear the cache on your PS4?
As mentioned above, clearing the cache on your Playstation 4 must be done from time to time to avoid files and data being corrupted. Here are some of the indications when is the right time to clear the cache on your PS4 for you to be guided.
- When you are experiencing connectivity issues on your console such as slow or intermittent connection and your other devices connected to the same network are working fine.
- When a game crashes, freezes, latency and other errors are encountered.
- When a game takes more time to load than usual.
- When the PS4 system is running slow.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Fix Xbox One 0x800704cf Error | Easy Solutions | NEW 2021!
- How To Fix PS5 CE-107520-5 Error | Install The Latest System Software
- How To Fix PS5 NP-102955-2 Error | “Account information is incorrect”
- How To Fix PS5 CE-108255-1 Error | Easy Solutions | Updated!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.