Beats Solo 3 is known for its great sound quality, with its 40 hours battery life this headphone is a great for daily use headphones. However, Beats Solo 3 users are experiencing issues with the headphone such as not turning on or the power button is not working. You might be wondering why the headphone is not turning on and how to fix it. Lucky for you, we have listed in this post potential fixes that you can try to fix beats solo 3 won’t turn on issue.
|Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
|Check Price on Amazon
|Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Apple W1 Headphone Chip,40 Hours of Listening Time,
|Check Price on Amazon
Fix Beats Solo 3 Won’t Turn On
There are a variety of reasons why your Beats Solo 3 is not turning on such as a faulty charger, faulty battery, power button is not working or the headphone was damaged caused by water and sweat damage. The micro USB cable included in the headphone packaging should be used.
If your Beats solo 3 won’t turn on, try the following solutions below to fix it:
Solution 1: Restart Beats Solo 3 headphones
The very first thing that you need to do is to restart your headphones. This is the initial troubleshooting step and the most easiest solution. Most of the time, simply restarting your Beats solo 3 headphone will fix power issues.
Here’s how reset beats solo 3:
- Press and hold headphone power button for 10 seconds until indicator light turns off.
- Press and hold power button again. This time, the headphones will turn on.
- If headphones turned on, connect headphones to its charging cable to a power source
If headphone still won’t turn on, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Force Reset Beats Solo 3 headphones
If restarting the headphone did not fix the problem, try to do the force reset. Simply resetting the device fixes issues.
To do this:
- Make sure Beats Solo 3 headphone is fully charged. If not, charged it first until it is fully charged.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume up button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- When the Fuel Gauge LED light starts flashing, release press the buttons.
Solution 3: Fully charge Beats Solo 3 headphone
If your headphone is low on battery or was not fully charged, it is possible to may have caused not turning on issue on your device. To fix this, fully charge your headphone and then try turning it on to check if the issue will be resolved.
In this case, fully charging the headphone simply means charging it for a whole day then do the restart process. This solution usually works and fixes not turning on issue with your headphones.
Solution 4: Remove or Replace Faulty battery
If the Beats Solo 3 is having a faulty battery, you can either remove or replace a faulty battery.
To remove the battery:
- Remove the lid on the right side of the headphone.
- Remove the connectors to disconnect the battery.
- Leave the battery out for about a week or two.
- After 2 weeks, place battery back to the headphone.
When replacing the battery:
The battery needs to be replaced if it is not charging or will not fully charge or in this case device is not turning on.
Once you removed the battery from the headphone, inspect for signs of worn out or damages. Bulging batteries can be a sign of a damaged battery, or if you notice a liquid leaking from the battery then its about time to replace the battery.
Have your headphones replaced by an authorized technician or service center. However, if you want to replace the battery on your own make sure to use original or genuine battery. Ensure that the battery is correctly placed inside the headphones. Refer to manual for instructions if there are any.
Solution 5: Update Firmware of Beats Headphones
An outdated firmware can sometimes cause issues on your device, it is possible that Beats solo 3 is not turning on because of bugs. Updating to the latest firmware versions fixes bugs and enhances headphone features.
To update firmware, follow the steps below:
- Connect Beats Solo 3 headphone to your PC or MAC
- Open Updater application
- Select Status under the primary menu section
- Select Beats solo 3 from the list of devices,
- Click Connect. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish updating your headphones.
To be able to install and update headphone to its correct firmware, you can visit official Beats by Dre website. You will find a list of firmware update for your specific beats model.
Another way to update Beats Solo 3 firmware is to download the Beats app from Google Play Store for Android devices.
Solution 6: Fix Power Button
If the issue is caused by a damaged power button, you should fix the power button. A loose power button could be the cause why your Beats solo 3 headphone is not turning on.
For loose power button, try the following to fix it:
- Locate Power button. It is usually located at the left side earcup of the headphone.
- Carefully remove the left earbud cushion. You can do this by twisting the cushion using your hands.
- Three screws will be visible at this time. Using a screwdriver, remove the screws.
- Press Power button from the headphones internal side.
- Place a few drops of WD-40.
- Screw back screws, place left earbud cushion.
Try turning on headphones by pressing the power button and check if not turning on issue has been resolved.
However, if power button is still loose and headphone is not turning on. You may need to replace the power button by going to your nearest apple store.
Solution 7: Contact Customer Support
If none of the solutions mentioned here fixes not turning on problem, contact Beat customer support service or you can go to the official Beats by Dre website to contact their support team.
Just like with other electronic devices, the Beats Solo 3 headphone can also experience issues. By doing the solutions mentioned in this article, we hope that you were able to fix your beats solo 3 headphone and make it work again.