Is the Amazon Prime Video app not working on your Insignia Smart TV? Several factors can cause this issue such as a corrupted Amazon Prime Video app , poor internet connection, or an outdated software version, to name a few. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
The Insignia brand is a line of electronic products owned by Best Buy. One of the main products of this brand is the Insignia Smart TV which is affordable yet dependable and designed to meet high standards. Most Insignia Tvs either have Amazon Fire TV or Roku TV built-in.
Why is Amazon Prime suddenly not working on my Insignia TV?
One of the issues that you might experience on Smart TVs is when streaming services such as the Amazon Prime Video app fails to work. This can be a frustrating experience especially if you want to relax and watch your favorite TV show.
Here’s what you need to do to fix Amazon Prime app not working issues on Insignia TV.
Solution 1: Power cycle your Insignia Smart TV
The first troubleshooting step you should do when dealing with any streaming services issue on your Insignia Fire TV device is to do a restart. This will refresh the TV software and eliminate any temporary glitches that could be causing the problem.
Power cycle Insignia Smart TV
- Unplug the Insignia TV power cord from the power outlet and wait for a full minute.
- Hold the power button on the TV for at least 10 seconds to discharge any residual power.
- Plug the Insignia TV back and turn it on.
Try to check if Amazon Prime is now working on your Insignia Smart TV.
Solution 2: Check the internet connection speed of your Insignia TV
Your Insignia TV should have a good internet connection speed if you want to enjoy watching shows from popular streaming services. If your Insignia TV has a slow internet speed then there’s a possibility that Amazon Prime will not work properly.
What you will want to do first is to check the internet connection speed that your TV is getting from your home network connection.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Insignia TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
In order for the Prime Video app to stream content you should have a stable internet connection. The results should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
Prime Video recommends a minimum download speed of 1MB/s for SD content and 5MB/s for HD content.
If you have a slow internet connection then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your networking equipment.
- Turn off the Smart TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Smart TV.
- Reconnect your Smart TV to the internet.
Try to check if the Prime Video issue still occurs.
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you watch shows on Prime Video. This will allow the TV to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Smart TV closer to the router . This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router try to connect the Hisense TV to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 3: Check the Amazon Prime Video servers
Onoe of the reasons why Amazon Prime will not work is if the servers are offline. This can happen due to an unexpected outage or a scheduled maintenance. You can check the status of the server by using online third party tools such as DownDetector.
In case the problem is caused by issues on Amazon’s end then you will need to wait for this to be fixed before you can enjoy using your Prime Video app.
Solution 4: Clear the cache and data of the Amazon Prime app
There’s a possibility that corrupted cached data in the Amazon app is causing the problem. To fix this you will need to clear data and clear cache of the app.
- Press home button on the remote control then go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications then to Manage applications.
- Select Amazon Prime Video and press ok.
- Select Clear Cache and Press ok.
- Go back then select Clear Data and press ok and wait for the Insignia Smart TV to clear Amazon Prime Video app cache and clear data.
Turn off your Smart TV then wait for a minute before turning it back on. Check if the issue has been fixed.
Solution 5: Reinstall Hulu app
If the Amazon Prime Video app in your Insignia TV is corrupted, then you will need to uninstall this and perform a fresh reinstallation.
- Press home button on the remote control then go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications then to Manage installed applications.
- Select the Amazon Prime Video app and press ok.
- Choose Uninstall to completely uninstall the app.
- Go to apps section and download Amazon Prime Video.
You will need to login you your Amazon account before you can use the app.
Solution 6: Update the Insignia TV software
You should make sure that your Insignia TV is running on the latest software version as this will usually have several improvements as well as bug fixes that could address the error message you are getting on the Amazon app.
- To update the TV firmware, you need a:
- High-speed Internet connection
- USB flash drive
Updating Insignia TV software to the latest version
On the Help menu, select System Info, then write down your model, revision, and firmware information.
Insert USB drive to your computer.
On a computer, go to www.insigniaproducts.com, then click Support & Service.
Locate the firmware that matches the Model and Rev id of your TV.
Click on the applicable firmware link , a pop up box appears select “Save” and
choose a destination other than your USB drive (i.e. desktop).
Verify the file has downloaded to on your selected destination.
Open the folder; copy the .BIN file from the folder to the root directory of your USB
Once the file move is complete, safely remove your USB drive.
Power off your TV.
Insert USB device into the SERVICE or USB PORT; located in one of 3 places, back,
side or bottom. The correct port will be labeled either Service or USB.
Power on the TV with your remote control or by using the power button on the TV.
The TV will automatically start the firmware upgrade process follow the instructions that
the TV displays.
Solution 7: Check if you are in a geo-restricted area
The Amazon Prime Video service only works in certain territories around the world. If you live in an area that is not being serviced by the streaming provider then you can still access this by using a VPN. Just download a VPN app then have the VPN running before accessing your Hulu account.
Solution 5: Factory reset your Insignia TV
If the Amazon Prime Video problem persists, then you will need to perform a factory reset. This will restore your TV back to its original default settings. It’s usually performed when the TV software is corrupted, the TV has some settings issues, or certain apps you installed is affecting the performance of the TV.
Full factory reset Insignia TV
- Navigate to your TV “Settings” using the TV buttons.
- Select the “System” option.
- Select the option “Reset to Factory Defaults”, and your TV will revert to its factory settings.
After performing the factory reset try to check if this fixes the Amazon app issue on your Insignia TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Watch Amazon Prime Video If I Travel Abroad?
Outside of your home country, a reduced selection of Prime Video titles is available to stream. A selection marked “Watch While Abroad” shows the available titles.
- What to do if your Prime Video PIN does not work, or if you see error codes such as 5014, 5016?
Wait a few minutes, then try again. Visit Prime Video Settings to edit your PIN number.
Prime Video PINs only apply to the device they have been set on.
- Why does the Amazon show keep buffering?
This is most likely caused by a slow internet connection. Try restarting the router and your TV then check if the issue still occurs.
- Can I sign in to my Amazon Prime Video account in multiple devices?
You can sign in to your Amazon Prime account on various devices such as your smartphone, other mobile devices, and Smart TV as long as you only sign in to five devices at the maximum.
- Why Is My Amazon Prime Saying “Something Went Wrong”?
This could be caused by a slow internet connection or a glitch in the app itself. Restarting the router or clearing the cache of the app will usually fix this issue.