Are you experiencing the Insignia TV frozen screen issue? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as a software glitch, poor internet connection, or a corrupted app. To fix this problem, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
Insignia is Best Buy’s in-house brand which carries various products including the popular Insignia Fire TV. Insignia Tv’s are usually affordable models that are feature packed making them attractive to the budget conscious consumer. Most Insignia TVs have either Amazon Fire TV or Roku TV built-in making them ideal for use in a home entertainment system.
Why is my Insignia Fire TV stuck?
One of the annoying issue that you might experience with Insignia Fire TVs is when it freezes. This can happen when the Smart TV starts, when using streaming services, or when navigating the TV menu using the remote control.
This can be a frustrating experience as you won’t be able to use the Smart TV properly.
Here’s what you need to do to fix Insignia Fire TV stuck on loading screen or frozen issues.
Solution 1: Power cycle your Insignia TV
The first troubleshooting step you should do when experiencing the Insignia Fire TV stuck on loading screen issue is to do a restart. This will refresh the TV software and eliminate any temporary glitches that could be causing the problem.
Power cycle Insignia Smart TV
- Unplug the Insignia TV power cord from the power outlet and wait for a full minute.
- Hold the power button on the TV for at least 10 seconds to discharge any residual power.
- Plug the Insignia TV back and turn it on.
Try to check if the stuck on Insignia Fire TV logo issue persists.
Solution 2: Check the internet connection of your Hisense TV
If you are experiencing the Insignia Fire TV stuck issue when using streaming services then this might be caused by a slow internet speed.
What you will want to do first is to check the internet speed that your Insignia TV is getting from your home network connection.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Insignia TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
In order for your streaming services to run properly you should have a stable internet service. The results should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
You should aim for these speeds.
- 0.9 Mbps — Standard streaming.
- 3.5 Mbps — HD streaming.
If you have a slow internet speed then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your networking equipment.
- Turn off the Insignia Fire TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Insignia Fire TV.
- Reconnect your Insignia Fire TV to the internet.
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you watch streaming shows. This will allow the TV to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Insignia Fire TV closer to the router . This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router try to connect the Insignia fire TV to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 3: Clear the Insignia Fire TV app cache
If the issue occurs when trying to run a particular app then this might be caused by corrupted data found in the app. You will notice this when the app loading screen appears and does not proceed from there. What you will want to do right now is to clear the cache and data of the app.
- Press home button on the Insignia Fire TV remote control then go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications then to Manage applications.
- Select the app and press ok.
- Select Clear Cache and Press ok.
- Go back then select Clear Data and press ok and wait for the Insignia Fire TV to clear the app cache and clear data.
Turn off your Insignia TV then wait for a minute before turning it back on. Check if the stuck or frozen issue still occurs.
Solution 4: Uninstall then install the app on your Insignia Fire TV
Sometimes the problem can be caused by a corrupted app. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should uninstall then install the affected app.
- Press home button on the remote control then go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications then to Manage installed applications.
- Select the app and press ok.
- Choose Uninstall to completely uninstall the app.
- Go to apps section and download the app again.
Solution 5: Update the Insignia Fire TV software
You should make sure that your Insignia Fire TV is running on the latest software version as this will usually have several improvements as well as bug fixes that could address the freezing issue you are experiencing.
To update the Insignia Fire TV software, you need a:
- High-speed Internet connection
- USB flash drive
Updating Insignia Fire TV software to the latest version
On the Help menu, select System Info, then write down your model, revision, and firmware information.
Insert USB drive to your computer.
On a computer, go to www.insigniaproducts.com, then click Support & Service.
Locate the firmware that matches the Model and Rev id of your TV.
Click on the applicable firmware link , a pop up box appears select “Save” and
choose a destination other than your USB drive (i.e. desktop).
Verify the file has downloaded to on your selected destination.
Open the folder; copy the .BIN file from the folder to the root directory of your USB
Once the file move is complete, safely remove your USB drive.
Power off your TV.
Insert USB device into the SERVICE or USB PORT; located in one of 3 places, back,
side or bottom. The correct port will be labeled either Service or USB.
Power on the TV with your remote control or by using the power button on the TV.
The TV will automatically start the firmware upgrade process follow the instructions that
the TV displays.
Try checking if your Fire TV device still freezes.
Solution 6: Factory reset your Insignia Fire TV
If freezing problem persists, then you will need to perform a factory reset. This will restore your TV back to its original default settings. It’s usually performed when the TV software is corrupted, the TV has some settings issues, or certain apps you installed is affecting the performance of the TV.
Full factory reset Insignia TV
- Navigate to your TV “Settings” using the TV buttons.
- Select the “System” option.
- Select the option “Reset to Factory Defaults”, and your TV will revert to its factory settings.
After performing the factory reset try to check if this fixes the freezing issue.
Solution 7: Contact Insignia Fire TV support
There are instances when the problem can already be caused by hardware problem. If this is the case then you will need to contact the nearest Insignia Fire TV customer service center and have the TV fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does my Insignia Fire TV get stuck on the loading screen?
The freezing issue can be caused by a number of factors such as a slow internet speed, software glitch, or even a corrupted app.
- Why is my Insignia Fire TV screen always flickering?
Your TV screen will flicker due to various factors. To fix this you just need to perform these troubleshooting steps.
Unplug the TV from the wall.
Reset your Insignia TV Picture Settings.
Adjust Brightness and Backlight Control Settings.
Turn off Ambient Light Sensor.
Try various Picture Modes.
Try different Video Sources and inspect all connections.
Update Tv software.
Factory reset the TV.
- What causes vertical lines on Smart TVs?
This is usually caused by a dead pixel. Over time, a whole row or column of these dead pixels may show up, resulting in a line of unresponsive dead pixels.
- Why does my Insignia TV have no picture?
This problem is usually caused by a loose HDMI connection, wrong source selected, or a software glitch. Try to check all the cables connected to the TV and make sure to select the correct source. You should also try to restart your TV to fix this problem.
- How much does it cost to repair the screen of my new TV?
If your TV is new and under warranty then you can have this repaired or replaced for free.