The #LG #V40ThinQ is the latest premium Android phone recently released in the market that has several outstanding features. This device has an Aluminum frame with Gorilla Glass on both the front and back. It has a 6.4 inch QHD+ OLED display with HDR10 support while under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle what to do if you forgot screen password on LG V40 ThinQ.
If you own an LG V40 ThinQ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
What To Do If You Forgot Lock Screen Password On LG V40 ThinQ
Problem: My V40 ThinQ is locked with a screen lock password which I forgot – had been using the fingerprint unlock feature. But when my phone shut down when the battery lost power – after recharge – I am prompted to sign on with my password – first and then the fingerprint access will work. Since I do not know the password – I have made several attempts with guess passwords – but now down to two(2) attempts before the phone will reset and erase data. I have been researching methods to bypass the password – none have worked so far. I want to save the picture gallery data. Do you have any suggested methods for me to try?
Related Problem: I have a V40 ThinQ that I hard reset to remove the forgotten user password. As you know, you need to use Google account credentials that were previously synced with the device, which I don’t have. I followed a video tutorial to bypass FRP and tried again. I seem to have been able to add my “new” Google account to the device because I did receive the email from Google to verify the new sign-in, however I am getting an error stating that I can’t sign into the device due to a recent password change and to wait 24hrs to retry. I waited and tried again. Same thing. I read that the fix for this is to enable OEM unlocking. The instructions were to tap 7x on the build number to enter the developer options. Didn’t work. Nothing happened. I managed to find a site that gave me the secret code to dial (it was fun trying to get the bleeping dialpad) to access the oem option and click it on, reboot and begin set up again. Didn’t work. Still getting the 24hr bull. Please help. As you may have guessed, I’m new at this and I’m afraid to hard brick my phone if I keep poking around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Solution: If you have forgotten the lock screen password of your phone then you will have around 5 attempts to unlock it.
You can try to unlock your phone using the Android Device Manager.
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
- Enter your Google email and password. Click Sign in.
- Click Lock.
- Enter a new screen lock password and click Lock.
- You’ll now be able to unlock your phone with your new password.
You can also unlock your phone by proceeding with the steps listed below.
- Enter the lock screen code until you have reached the maximum number of attempts. You will be asked to wait for 30 seconds, tap OK
- If your phone display goes off, tap the power button and unlock your screen.
- Tap Forgot pattern or Forgot knock code.
- Enter your Google account details and tap Sign in. If you set up a backup PIN, enter it then tap OK.
- You’ll be asked to create a new screen unlock pattern. If you don’t want one, tap Swipe or None.
- Your screen will now be unlocked.
If you forgot the Google account information and backup PIN that is connected with the phone then you will have to do a factory reset. Take note that this will clear the data stored in your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device
In case the factory reset protection feature gets activated after the reset and you are still unable to enter the correct Google account details then proceed to this website https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620 for further help in accessing your Google account.