Do you keep on getting distracting notifications from your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4? If you are studying, in a meeting, or just want to relax, then you can enable the Do Not Disturb mode of your phone which should mute all alerts.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a premium Android phone that’s best known for its foldable form factor. When unfolded, it can be used like any other smartphone and when folded, it can easily fit in any pocket. Some of its best features include a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip and a battery capacity of 3700 mAh.
What happens when you put your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 on Do Not Disturb?
Your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 has a Do Not Disturb feature which prevents you from getting distractions from your mobile phone. You can set the Do Not Disturb mode to activate and turn off automatically at scheduled times. You can also exempt specific apps or alerts as exceptions, so you don’t miss an important call.
Turn on or off Do not disturb from Settings app menu
You can turn on or off the Do Not Disturb mode on your Galaxy phone from the Settings app.
- Open Settings app on your phone.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Do not disturb.
- Tap the Do Not Disturb switch to turn it on or off.
Turn Do not disturb on or off from Quick settings panel
You can also enable or disable the do not disturb mode from the quick settings panel of Samsung phones.
- Swipe down to launch the Quick settings.
- Swipe left or right to find the Do not disturb icon.
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb icon to access quick settings.
- Turn the toggle for Do not disturb on or off.
- Tap Details to access and manage DND settings and options including Schedule and Exceptions.
- Tap Done to apply all recent changes.
Allowing exceptions on the Do Not Disturb mode of your Galaxy Z Fold 4
If you are waiting for a particular notification and want it to be displayed on the notification panel of your phone even when DND mode is activated, then here’s how to do it.
Here’s what you need to do to allow critical notifications even when your phone is on DND mode.
- Open Settings app on your phone.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Do not disturb making sure that the switch is on.
These are the changes you can make from the exceptions section.
- Calls from: Choose which incoming calls your device plays a notification sound or vibrate. Select to receive phone calls from All, Contacts only, Favorite contacts only, or None.
- Repeat callers: If you receive more than one call from the same number within 15 minutes, the call will be allowed to ring.
- Messages from: Choose whose messages will cause your device to play a notification sound or vibrate. Select All, Contacts only, Favorite contacts only, or None.
- Alarms: Allow notification sounds and vibrations for alarms. This feature will be turned on automatically. We strongly recommend you leave this option activated.
- Media sound: Choose whether or not to allow notifications from apps that play music or videos.
- Touch sound: Choose whether or not to allow apps that makes haptic feedback when you touch the screen.
- Calendar events: Allow notification sounds and vibrations for Calendar events and tasks.
- Reminders: Allow reminders from applications that support them.
- Apps: Allow certain apps to send notifications. Tap add apps to add apps to the list.
Setting a schedule for Do Not Disturb Mode
You can make your phone automatically enter the Do Not Disturb mode then turn off at a later time. Make sure that the DND mode is turned on first before you can set a new schedule.
- Turn on the Sleeping switch on the Do Not Disturb section.
- Tap add schedule.
- Create a name for the schedule.
- Select the days.
- Set the time.
- Tap Save.
What to do when experiencing Do Not Disturb issues on your Galaxy Z Flip 4
Soft reset your phone
The first troubleshooting step you should do when experiencing Do Not Disturb mode issues on your phone is a soft reset. This refreshes your phone’s operating system and will fix any issues caused by a firmware crash or software glitch.
Soft reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Turn off the Galaxy z Flip 4 by pressing and hold the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again. The phone will turn off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung device.
Check for new software update
One of the common causes of this problem is a software bug. Samsung will usually release monthly software updates for this device to further enhance its capabilities and fix software bugs.
Manual software update
- Open Settings and scroll all the way down.
- Find and tap Software update.
- Tap Download and install to check for a new update.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I access the Do Not Disturb setting of my Z Flip 4?
You can access this from the Settings menu or the Quick Settings menu.
- Will my alarm work when the phone DND is active?
By default, your alarm will still work even when the phone is in DND mode. You can however decide to turn this off.
- How do I clear app cache data in Z Flip 4?
Open your Settings and tap Apps.
From the list of Apps that appears, tap on the app that is causing the issue.
Tap Storage > Clear data or Clear cache.
- How do I enable power saving mode on Galaxy Z Flip 4?
Tap on Battery and device care.
Tap on Battery.
Tap on Power saving mode and toggle it On.
- How do I set a repeat alarm on my Z Fold 4 phone?
Tap the alarm you wish to change or tap Add to set a new one.
Tap the day(s) you would like your alarm to repeat on.