Screen flickering, tearing, or even freezing issues have been common among PC games for years. Players may encounter these issues multiple times, no matter their game. This article will show easy ways to fix such problems, specifically for Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues on PC and consoles like PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Table of Contents
What Causes Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues?
Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues can occur due to several factors. These include hardware problems like outdated graphics drivers or insufficient processing power, mismatched refresh rates between the display and the gaming device, and improper resolution or scaling settings. Resolving these issues may involve:
- Updating drivers.
- Adjusting refresh rates and V-Sync settings.
- Ensuring proper resolution and scaling configurations.
5 Ways to Fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering or Tearing Issues on PC
1.Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
Enabling V-Sync can help fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues. V-Sync works by synchronizing the frame rate of the Star Wars Jedi Survivor with the refresh rate of the display, reducing visual disruptions.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel app on your computer.
- Navigate to the ‘3D Settings’ or ‘Manage 3D Settings’ option.
- Under ‘Program Settings’, click the ‘Add’ button to select the STAR WARS Jedi Survivor game executable file.
- If the game is not listed, click ‘Browse’ to manually locate and add the game.
- Once the game is added, scroll down the settings list until you find ‘Vertical sync’ or ‘V-Sync’.
- Enable or turn on ‘Vertical sync’ by selecting the appropriate option.
- Save the changes and exit the Nvidia Control Panel.
2. Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Setting
Lowering the in-game graphics settings can resolve Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues. Reducing the graphical intensity and demands on the system can help ensure smoother rendering and reduce visual disruptions. Finding the right balance between performance and visual quality is important based on your specific hardware capabilities.
Reducing in-game graphics settings like texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, or anti-aliasing can also improve FPS count and smooth gameplay.
3. Update GPU Drivers
Updating GPU drivers can effectively address Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues. Outdated drivers can cause compatibility problems with the game, leading to visual artifacts. Installing the latest drivers from the GPU manufacturer’s official website ensures optimal performance and improved compatibility, potentially resolving the screen issues. You can also keep graphics drivers updated by searching for available updates in the Device Manager on Windows.
4. Update STAR WARS Jedi Survivor Game Version
Updating the game version can resolve Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues. Game updates often include bug fixes and optimizations that address various technical issues, including graphics-related problems. Installing the latest version of the game can benefit from the developers’ efforts to improve performance and stability, potentially mitigating the screen issues you are experiencing. Ensure your game is up-to-date with the latest patch for optimal performance.
5. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Verifying the integrity of game files can help resolve Star Wars Jedi Survivor screen flickering and tearing issues. This process checks for corrupted or missing game files and replaces them with the correct versions. By ensuring that all game files are intact and properly installed, you can eliminate potential causes of visual disruptions, improving the game’s overall stability.
For Steam, Epic Games Launcher, or EA Gaming clients, use their built-in features to verify the integrity of game files and repair missing or corrupted ones.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to “Library” tab, which lists all your games.
- Right-click Star Wars Jedi Survivor and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- In Properties, navigate to the “Local Files”.
- Click “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Steam will now scan and compare your game files with the latest versions on their servers.
- Steam will automatically download and replace any corrupted or missing files.
For Epic Games Store:
- Launch the Epic Games Store application and log in to your account.
- Click on your library by selecting the “Library” tab.
- Locate the game you want to verify and click the three-dot menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Verify” or a similar option.
- Epic Games Store will now verify the game files.
For EA App (Origin):
- Open your computer’s EA App (Origin) and log in to your account.
- Go to your “My Game Library” section, listing all your installed games.
- Right-click Star Wars Jedi Survivor and select “Repair” or “Check for Update” from the context menu.
- Origin will now start the verification process, checking for damaged or missing files.
- Origin will automatically repair or replace the problematic files if any issues are found.
4 Ways to Fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing on Consoles
1. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
Enable VRR on PS5 or Xbox Series X’s relevant settings menu, and make sure that it is activated on the TV or monitor. VRR synchronizes the screen refresh rate with the game’s frame rate, preventing screen tearing at specific framerate thresholds.
2. Disable Usage Sharing
Turn off Usage Sharing from the game’s Options menu > Extra section to improve game performance and reduce tearing.
3. Edit Graphical Settings
Disable chromatic aberration, film grain, or motion blur from the game settings to improve performance further.
4. Keep Your Game Updated
Always install the latest patches available for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor to resolve potential in-game issues.
In conclusion, following these methods can help you fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues. Always ensure that the most recent software updates are installed for the game and your system hardware. With these solutions in place, enjoy an immersive and smooth gaming experience without disruptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I enable V-Sync to address Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues?
Open Nvidia Control Panel, add the executable game file, and enable V-Sync under the “Vertical sync” or “V-Sync” option.
Can lowering in-game graphics settings help resolve Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues?
Yes, reducing texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, or anti-aliasing can improve FPS count and reduce visual disruptions.
How important is updating GPU drivers for fixing Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues?
Updating GPU drivers is crucial, as outdated drivers can cause compatibility problems, leading to visual artifacts.
Does updating the game version help resolve Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues?
Yes, installing the latest game version often includes bug fixes and optimizations that address graphics-related problems.
Can verifying the integrity of game files fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor Screen Flickering and Tearing Issues
Verifying game files can help eliminate potential causes of visual disruptions by replacing corrupted or missing files.