In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix the Oppo Find X2 Pro black screen of death issue that seems to be bugging some users. Such a problem can be due to a hardware damage or just a minor issue with the firmware. Read on to learn more.
The black screen of death issue can be a sign of a hardware problem, specifically of a broken screen. That is if the device was dropped on a hard surface. Another possibility is that it might have incurred liquid damage if there was an instance where it is splashed with water or got wet.
However, if none of that occurred, then it is most likely that it’s just due to a minor firmware-related issue. But even if you don’t know the reason why such a problem occurred, you have to try and troubleshoot your phone. After all, you only need one or two procedures to know if you need a technician or not. Here’s what you should do:
First solution: Do the Forced Restart
Most of the time, if there’s no apparent cause, the black screen of death issue is just due to a firmware crash. You can fix it by doing the forced restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that will refresh your device’s memory as well as reload all applications and services.
- To do so, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key for 10 seconds.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device finishes the reboot.
If you’re able to make the logo show, it’s a sign that the problem is fixed and it could have been due to a firmware crash. Such a problem may occur every now and then, but at least you now know what to do if it happens again.
There are several causes of a firmware crash but the most common is when there are a lot of apps running in the background or there’s not enough storage left in your phone. So determine the reason why the problem occurred and make necessary adjustments to prevent it from happening again in the future.
However, if this doesn’t fix the problem, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your device and then do the Forced Restart
If the first solution failed to fix the problem, then it’s possible that it’s a minor issue with the battery. It might have been drained and the firmware may have crashed just before the device ran out of juice. The result would still be the same as the firmware crashed, however, it may not respond to the usual Forced Restart procedure. So here’s what you need to do about this one:
- Plug the power adapter to a working wall outlet.
- Using the original cable, connect your phone to the charger.
- Regardless of whether the charging sign shows or not, leave the phone connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that and while the device is still connected to the charger, press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds.
- If the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the boot process is finished.
Here’s the thing, if you were able to make your Oppo Find X2 Pro boot up by doing any of these procedures, then the problem is just minor and fixable. However, it may occur again in the future. But if your device is still stuck on the black screen of death after doing these solutions, then it’s better to have it checked. The problem can be with the hardware.
And that’s how you fix the Oppo Find X2 Pro black screen of death issue. We hope that we can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
- What To Do If Oppo Find X2 Pro Won’t Turn On
- How To Fix The Oppo A3s Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue
- How To Fix The Oppo F11 Pro Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi Issue