Welcome to another installment of our troubleshooting series where we aim to help our readers who own the #Samsung #Galaxy #J7 fix the issues that they are experiencing with their phone. This is a mid range Android smartphone that sports a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display that’s great to use for viewing various multimedia content. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy J7 not getting software updates issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J7 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Samsung Galaxy J7 Not Getting Software Updates
Problem: Ordered an ATT Samsung J7 from Amazon. The phone is still running Nougat 7.o, and I cannot get the phone to update OTA or Wifi. Several issues that stand out about the phone are: The phone will not remember wifi passwords, it will not go into private mode(or incognito when on the internet), it is extremely slow and laggy at times, and displays the “security notice, unauthorized actions have been detected…..” notifications. I’ve done a number of scans and all of them say my device is not rooted. I haven’t tried to manually flash the phone yet because I don’t have the original cable and I have limited access to a computer. It’s all very disappointing because I know what this phone is capable of. Thank you for your time.
Solution: If this is an AT&T branded device then the best way to get the latest software update is to make sure that you have an AT&T SIM card inserted in it. This will allow your phone to access the AT&T servers and get the update. In case the phone is still not getting any updates then you should try to use Smart Switch to update the device.
- Download the latest version of Smart Switch from the Samsung website (Select the Smart Switch version compatible with your computer operating system and device.)
- Double-click the installer to begin the installation process.
- Accept the license agreement by selecting the I accept… check boxes and then click Next.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Connect the mobile device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer. If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch automatically prompts you to update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.
Regarding the other issues that you are experiencing with the device such as not remembering Wi-Fi passwords or having a lag during operation I suggest that you perform a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before performing the reset as it will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then there’s a possibility that you might have bought a faulty device. If it is still under warranty then I suggest that you have it replaced.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.