It is always a good practice to reset your D-LINK router password the first time you use it or when you want to secure it so that only you can access it.
To reset the admin password of your D-LINK router
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar (default is 192.168.0.1). Press Enter.
- The default username is admin and the password is blank (nothing). Click OK.
- Click the Tools tab and then click Admin to the left.
- To change the administrative password, enter a new password in the Admin Password section.
- Click Save Settings to save the settings.
To reset the Wi-Fi password of your D-LINK router
- Type your router’s IP address —192.168.0.1— into your Web browser.
- Login to the router using the correct username and password.
- Once you access the Web configuration screen, click “Setup” in the top menu.
- Select the “Wireless Settings” link on the left-hand side.
- From there, click on the “Manual Wireless Connection Setup” button.
- Scroll down to the field representing my “Pre-Shared Key”. If you don’t see it, select a security mode from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen first.
- Type in a new password.