It is always a good practice to reset your ASUS router password the first time you use it or when you want to secure it so that only you can access it.
To reset the admin password of your ASUS router
- Open the web browser on a device connected to your router, and input [http://192.168.1.1] into the address-bar then press [Enter]. Enter [admin] as the default username and password, click [OK]. Alternatively you can also type: http://router.asus.com in your browser to access the admin panel.
- Select Status – Security and use the drop down box to either change the username or the password.
To reset the Wi-Fi password of your ASUS router
- Go to the Admin panel of the Asus Router and login using the correct username and password
- Once you login you are on the dash of the ASUS router
- Click on Wireless panel in the Administrative Settings option
- From the Wireless panel, you will see the different type of Options related to WiFi.
- First select the SSID and WiFi Band you need to change the password for, if your router doesn’t support multiple bands and SSID then ignore this step.
- Select the password protection types WEP/WEP2, etc.
- Enter the new password in the password field and click on save.