The recent smartphone models available in the market are pushing the limits of technology by offering several outstanding features that would have not been possible on a mobile device a few years back. Take for instance the #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 with its powerful camera system. The phone is equipped with a 12MP rear camera that is able to adjust its aperture from f/1.5 to f/2.4. With the included dual pixel technology and optical image stabilization photos are more likely to come out perfect. Recording videos with the phone is also going to be a pleasant experience as the device is able to record 4K videos at 60 frames per second.
One of the outstanding features of the S9 is its ability to record slow motion videos. The phone can shoot a super slow motion video at 240 frames per second in 1080p or 960 frames per second in 720p. This is already an impressive feat considering that Sony’s XZ2 can only shoot 960 frames per second video in 1080p. We might be seeing a trend where smartphone manufacturers will push this limit further and improve the capture of slow motion videos.
How To Record Slow Motion Videos On Galaxy S9
- First you need to open the Camera app of the phone.
- Once the Camera app is open swipe right to get to the Super Slow Mo feature. You can choose to activate this manually or have it activate automatically.
- In manual mode you just need to tap the record button to start recording a video. Next, tap on the button on the right to record a slow motion video. The phone will record videos in 0.2 second bursts.
- In automatic mode when you tap the record button a square will appear in the camera viewfinder. If motion is detected inside the square then the phone will automatically record a slow motion video.
- When the slow motion video has finished recording it will appear in the Gallery. This can be distinguished by an icon depicting multiple circles.
Some tips to consider when recording a slow motion video.
- Make sure that there is adequate lighting when recording a video.
- Don’t record a video that’s a couple of seconds long since the file size will become too large.
- Make sure that you stay still when recording the video.