The #Samsung #Galaxy #Note9 is the latest model in the Note series of devices which has been recently released. This phone has several outstanding features such as a a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display, a powerful Snapdragon 845 processor with 8GB of RAM, and dual 12MP rear cameras. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy Note 9 screen does not sleep when charging issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Does Not Sleep When Charging
Problem: When I plug my charger in to the phone, it does not go to sleep. I manually have to make it the screen go black and then in the middle of night when battery gets to 100% the screen lights up again and does not go off. stays on rest of night. This happened on my old galaxy note 5. I went through all settings with Verizon rep. and he could not figure out. I am worried that I will get screen burn like my note 5 did. Samsung wants me to send in to them, but i really don’t want to. Do you have a fix for this?
Solution: If the phone display does not turn off when it is being charged then there’s a possibility that this can be fixed from the phone settings.
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to enable the developer options of the device
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone. Either you can access it through Apps or directly from the Notification area by tapping on the gear icon present at the top right of the display.
- Scroll down to ‘Software Information’ and tap on it.
- Under Software Information, tap on ‘About Phone’ option.
- Now, locate the ‘Build Number’ and tap 7 times on it to enable the Developer Options. That will activate the Developer Options that you can access through the Settings menu directly.
Once you have the developer options enabled proceed with the steps listed below.
- Go to settings on your device.
- Scroll all the way down and go to developer options.
- Look for the option: Stay Awake and if it’s on go ahead and turn the toggle off .
In case the issue still persists then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Try to check if an app you recently downloaded is causing the problem by starting the phone in Safe Mode. When the phone operates in this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run making it easier to check if a downloaded app is the culprit.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Take note that your phone data will be deleted in the process so make sure to backup your data.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.