The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is the newest member of the A series of devices which was released last November. This device is also known as “the world’s first quad camera smartphone” due to the fact that it has four rear cameras making it able to take excellent quality photos. This phone uses a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display and a Snapdragon 660 processor with 8GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy A9 screen is black but getting notification issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 Screen Is Black But Getting Notifications
Problem: I have a galaxy A9 and my screen just went out. No damage or liquid damage. I was on the phone and the screen just went completely black. I can still receive messages and calls just can’t see the display screen. Is there any way to fix this or to retrieve the information on it before sending it in after doing a insurance claim. There is information on my phone that I really need. Never thought this would happen to a phone that had no kind of damage to it. Please help I’m have limited time to turn this black screen phone in.
Solution: Before performing any troubleshooting steps on this phone its best to make sure that it is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first.
Perform a soft reset
One of the first troubleshooting steps that you need to do when the phone is unresponsive is a soft reset. This will refresh the phone software and will usually fix any issue caused by a minor software glitch. To do a soft reset just hold the power button and the volume-down button for around 10 seconds. Let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the Samsung Galaxy A9 logo on the screen. Your phone will then reboot, and hopefully, start working properly once again.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Sometimes an app you downloaded can cause this particular problem. The best way to check if this is the case is to start the phone in Safe Mode since only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Turn the phone Off
- Press and hold “Power”
- At the “Samsung” logo, release “Power” and immediately press and hold “Volume down”
- After the phone finishes rebooting, release the keys. A “Safe Mode” watermark should be visible in the lower area of the home screen
If the screen works in this mode then you should find out what app is causing the problem and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
The phone will usually store cached data of apps in a special partition on the internal storage. This cached data allows the phone to open apps quickly however there are instances when the saved data can become corrupted which can cause issues on the device. To eliminate this factor you will need to wipe the cache partition of the phone.
- Turn the phone Off if necessary
- Press and hold “Power” “Volume down” and “Home”/”Bixby” at the same time
- At the Android screen, release the buttons and wait for access to Android Recovery
- Press “Volume down” to navigate the menu to highlight “Wipe cache partition”
- Press “Power” to select the highlight
- Finally, highlight “Reboot system now” and press “Power”
In case the screen still remains black then it’s time to try to backup your phone data before proceeding with the next step. Because the screen is black you will need to check if you can use Smart Switch to backup your phone data.
- Download the most recent version of Smart Switch from the Samsung website (Select the Smart Switch version compatible with your computer operating system and device.)
- Double-click the installer to begin the installation process.
- Accept the license agreement by selecting the I accept… check boxes and then click Next.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Connect your Samsung device to your computer using the cable that came with the device.
- On the Smart Switch screen, click MORE.
- Click Preferences and then select the Backup items tab.
- Select the content types you would like to back up and then click OK.
- Click Backup on the main Smart Switch screen.
- Click Confirm when the backup is complete.
Once you have made a backup of your phone data there’s one more troubleshooting step that you can do and that is to perform a factory reset from the recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then the problem is most likely caused by a faulty display. Since this is a newly bought phone I recommend that you bring this back to the store where you bought it from and have it replaced.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.