The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is one of the newest members of the A series of devices that was released last year. This phone has become popular due to it being the world’s first smartphone that uses four rear cameras. It has a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display while under the hood is a Snapdragon 660 processor paired with 8GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy A9 authentication error occurred when connecting to hotspot issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 Authentication Error Occurred When Connecting To Hotspot
Problem: HI, I have problem with my new samsung phone, samsung A9, it seems cannot connect with my PC hotspot. I just recently changed my phone, and although the setting of my PC hotspot is just like usual, it won’t work with my new phone (it does working well with my old phone – samsung j2). so I was wondering if it’s my pc hotspot setting that’s wrong or it’s my phone problem. when I tried to connect with my pc hotspot through wifi, it will keep reconnecting, end up with error message ” authentication error occurred”. I already tried various solution I can find on internet, but all of it didn’t work. please help me, thank you.
Solution: Before performing any troubleshooting steps on this phone it’s best to make sure that it is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first.
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to check if the problem only occurs for this particular hotspot or if the problem also occurs when connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. In case it only occurs on this particular network then you should try to restart your laptop then check its hotspot settings as it might be blocking your phone from connecting to it.
In case the issue also occurs when connecting to a different Wi-Fi network then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
Perform a soft reset
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to refresh the phone software. A soft reset is usually performed when a device is unresponsive but should also work in this case as it will refresh the phone software. To do this step just hold the power button and the volume-down button for around 10 seconds. Let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the Samsung Galaxy A9 logo on the screen. Your phone will then reboot, and hopefully, start working properly once again.
Check if the problem occurs in Safe Mode
Try to check if an app you downloaded is causing this problem is by starting the phone in Safe Mode. When your phone is started in this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run making it easier to determine if an app you downloaded is the culprit.
- With the phone turned on press the turned on start pressing the Power button.
- If the menu pops up tap Power off and tap the option to open Safe mode.
- Wait for a few moments.
- The device is now booted in Safe Mode
In case the issue does not occur in this mode then you should find out what app is causing the problem then uninstall it.
Reset the network settings
Sometimes resetting the network settings of the phone to its factory defaults will help fix the problem.
Take note that when you perform this step the following will occurs.
- Stored Wi-Fi networks will be deleted.
- Paired Bluetooth devices will be deleted.
- Background data sync settings will be turned on.
- Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off by the customer will be reset to the default setting.
- Network selection mode will be set to automatic.
To reset the network settings:
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS. Once complete, a confirmation window will appear.
Wipe the cache partition
Your phone will save temporary data in a certain area of its storage space. This data can be accessed easily by the device making it perform better. This temporary data however can become corrupted and can cause certain issues to occur on the device. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of your phone.
- Turn off your device.
- Now Press and hold the Bixby, Volume Up and Power buttons for few secs.
- After you see the Android Logo is displayed, release the Power and Bixby button, but keep holding the Volume Up button until the Recovery Mode screen shows up
- Now you can see the Android System Recovery Menu option.
- Use volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition and use the power button to select it
- Confirm by selecting yes option
Try to check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data as it will be erased in the process.
- Go to settings of your phone.
- Now Scroll down and select General management option
- Tap on Reset option
- Choose Factory data reset
- Select the option ‘Erase everything’ and then wait till your device gets rebooted with the factory settings.
Once the reset is complete do not install any apps in your phone just yet. Try to check first if the issue still occurs. It’s very likely that the issue will now be fixed
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.