The OontZ Angle Solo not turning on issue can be caused by several factors. It could be due to a software glitch, a drained battery, or even a faulty circuit. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps on this Bluetooth speaker.
The OontZ Angle Solo is a portable Bluetooth speaker that’s compact in size yet delivers a loud sound with deep bass. Because of its small size you can easily bring this with you wherever you go and don’t even have to worry about it getting wet since it is IPX5 certified. Some of its features include a rugged design and a 10 hour battery play time just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the OontZ Angle Solo:
- Crystal Clear Distortion-Free Sound
- Bluetooth 4.2, Play up to 100 feet from your audio device
- 5 watts of peak output power exceptionally loud volume
- IPX5 Certified Water Resistant
- Amazingly light under 8 ounces
- 3.9 Inches long 2.8 inches high and 2.75 inches wide
- Connects quickly over Bluetooth to your iPhone, Smartphone, and Tablet
What to do when your OontZ Angle Solo does not turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Angle Solo Bluetooth speaker is when you are unable to turn it on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you need to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on the OontZ Angle Solo
The first troubleshooting step you should do is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure will wipe out the data on the Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Remove the Micro USB charging cable if connected.
This ensures that the device will not be charging.
- Press and hold down the Power Button and + button for a second, then release.
This will reset the speaker to its default factory settings.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix not turning on issue
If the speaker battery is fully drained then you won’t be able to turn this on. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker.
- Pull down the rubber flap to access the charging port.
- Insert the smaller end of the Micro USB charging cord into the charging port.
- Insert the larger end of the Micro USB charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A and not greater than 2.4A.
It will take up to 4 hours to charge a fully drained battery. Try checking if the device turns on when it is fully charged.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If the battery of the speaker is damaged then you won’t be able to turn it on. If this is the case then replacing the battery will fix this. It’s recommended that you have this done at a service center. Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Despite having an IPX5 water resistant certification this device isn’t 100 percent waterproof. If water can enter its circuit board then it will cause damage to it. If the board has been damaged then you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having the OontZ Angle Solo not turning on issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.