The #LG #Stylo5+ is a mid range Android smartphone model that sports a large 6.2 inch FHD display and comes with a stylus. This phone is being carried by carriers such as AT&T and is quite popular among consumers due to the various features it offers at a competitive price. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG Stylo 5+ black screen of death issue.
How To Fix LG Stylo 5+ Black Screen of Death Issue
The Black Screen of Death is an issue that is characterized by the screen of the phone not displaying anything at all. When this issue occurs the phone could still be on and getting notifications or it can be totally off and not responding at all. This can usually happen right after the phone has been dropped, submerged in water, or due to a software glitch. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Charge the phone
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge so that you can immediately eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a drained battery.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in it is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device and check if the LG Stylo 5+ black screen of death issue still occurs.
Perform a soft reset
The next thing you will need to do in this case is to refresh the phone software which can be done by a soft reset. This will usually fix minor issues caused by a software glitch. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done check if the LG Stylo 5+ black screen of death issue.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
Sometimes the cached data stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button. Release both buttons when the System Recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache and press the power button to confirm.
- Restart the device.
Check if the LG Stylo 5+ black screen of death issue.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to the problem then your last option is to do a factory reset. Take note that this process will delete your phone data so make sure you already have a backup copy of the contents of your device before proceeding with this step.
- Make sure the phone is off.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete check if the issue still occurs. If it does then this is most likely caused by a faulty hardware component in which case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.