The JBL Go 3 will not turn on can be caused by several issues. The battery might not be fully charged, there might be a glitch in the setting, or this might be caused by a hardware problem. To fix this, you will need to perform troubleshooting steps.
The JBL Go 3 is a small portable Bluetooth speaker that is being sold for US$40. It’s a popular model due to its excellent sound quality and portability. Some of its features include a punchy bass sound, IP67 waterproof and dustproof, and a 5 hour playback time on a full charge just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the JBL Go 3:
- Transducer: 43 x 47mm
- Output power: 4.2W RMS
- Frequency response: 110Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 85dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 2.775Wh
- Battery charge time: 2.5 hours (5V/1A)
- Music play time: up to 5 hours (dependent on
- volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth® version: 5.1
- Bluetooth® profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range:
- 2402MHz − 2480MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 8dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 87.5 x 75 x 41.3mm / 3.4″ x 2.7″ x 1.6″
- Weight: 0.209kg/0.46 lbs
What to do when your JBL Go 3 does not turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Go 3 Bluetooth speaker is when it does not turn on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Go 3
A factory reset or hard reset is a procedure that deletes the data stored on this Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when it doesn’t turn on.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Remove the USB-C charging cable if connected.
This ensures that the device will not be charging.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this until the device turns off which should be around 10 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix will not turn on issue
If the battery of the speaker does not have any charge then you won’t be able to turn it on. To fix this you will just need to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A and not greater than 2.0A.
Leave this charging for at least 2.5 hours then check if the device will turn on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If this speaker has a defective battery then you won’t be able to turn it on. If this is the case then replacing the battery will fix this. It’s recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Even if this speaker has a waterproof rating there are still instances when it can suffer from water damage. If the circuit board gets wet then it will get damaged. You will then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.