The JBL Clip 4 will not turn on issue can be caused by several factors. The battery might be fully drained, there might be a glitch in the setting, or this might be caused by a faulty hardware. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The JBL Clip 4 is a popular ultra-portable Bluetooth speaker that’s easy to carry around. Although it is small in size it can provide a good sound quality with rich bass allowing for an enhanced music experience. Some of its features include an IP67 body, integrated carabiner, and a 10 hour battery on a full charge.
Technical specifications of JBL Clip 4:
- Transducer: 40 mm
- Output power: 5 W RMS
- Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >85dB
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 86.30mm*134.50mm*46.0mm / 3.4 x 5.3 x 1.8”
- Weight: 0.239 kg/ 0.527 lbs
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2400 – 2483.5MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer 3.885Wh
- Battery charge time: 3 hours (5V/500mA)
- Music play time: up to 10 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)
What to do when your JBL Clip 4 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Clip 4 Bluetooth speaker is when you are unable to turn it on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it to listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Clip 4
The first thing you will need to do to fix this is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure removes any data on this Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when you are unable to turn it on.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 10 seconds to reset the device.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix not turning on issue
If the battery of the speaker does not have any charge then you won’t be able to turn it on. To fix this you will just need to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3 hours then check if the device will turn on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If the battery of this speaker is defective and it doesn’t have any charge anymore then you won’t be able to turn on this speaker. If this is the case then replacing the battery will fix this. It’s recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Although this speaker has an IP67 rating there are still instances when water can get into it. If the circuit board gets wet then it will get damaged. If this is what’s causing the problem then you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on your Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.