The JBL Clip 3 will not turn on issue can be caused by several factors. The battery might be drained, there might be a software glitch, or this might be caused by a faulty hardware. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Clip 3 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that you can easily carry around with you outdoors thanks to its built-in carabiner. It’s a favorite among outdoor sports enthusiasts as it can be easily clipped on their bags. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, speakerphone function, and a 10 hour battery life on a single full charge just to name a few.
Technical specifications of Clip 3:
- Bluetooth version: 4.1
- Support: A2DP V1.2, AVRCP V1.5, HFP V1.5, HSP V1.2
- Transducer: 1 x 40mm
- Output power: 3.3W RMS
- Frequency response: 120Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer (3.7V/1000mAh)
- Battery charge time: 3 hour @ 5V, 0.6A
- Music playing time: up to 10 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth transmitter power: 0 – 9dBm
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402 – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions: 137 x 97 x 46 (mm)
- Weight: 220g
What to do when your JBL Clip 3 doesn’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker is when it does not have any power. This can be an annoying issue especially if you need to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on the Clip 3
The first thing you will need to do in this case is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure removes any data stored in the Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 10 seconds to reset the device.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix will not turn on issue
One of the common factors that can cause this problem is if the battery of the speaker has been drained of charge. If this is the culprit then all you need to do to fix this is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the micro USB charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3 hours then check if you can turn on the speaker.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If the speaker has a defective battery then it will not turn on at all. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Despite having an IPX7 splash proof rating there’s still a chance for water to get inside the speaker. When this happens then you won’t be able to turn on the speaker as its components will get water damaged. If this is what’s causing the problem then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.