There are several factors that can cause the iFox iF012 will not turn on problem. It can be due to a drained battery, a glitch in the software, or this might be caused by a hardware problem. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The iF012 is a small Bluetooth speaker that’s designed to be used in the shower. It has a great sound quality which allows you to listen to your favorite music and with its built-in mic allows you to make hands free calls in the shower. Some of its features include a rugged design, 10 hours of playback time on a single charge, and excellent sound quality for its price just to name a few.
Technical specs of IF012:
- Fully Submersible and 100% Waterproof (IP67 certified)
- Loud HD sound with an impressive 5 watts of power
- Connects to all Bluetooth Devices in less that 6 seconds
- Up to 10 hrs playing time
- Dedicated suction cup included (detachable) & Carabiner Hook
- Built-in-Mic for hands free calls
- 33ft wide Bluetooth range
- Pairs easily to any bluetooth devices such as phones, tablets, computer, radio
What to do when your iFox iF012 speaker won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your iF012 Bluetooth speaker is when it does not turn on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it while you shower. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Charge the iFox iF012 Bluetooth speaker
One factor that can cause this problem is if the speaker battery is low in charge. The battery is only rated for up to 10 hours of playback time on a single full charge so if you have been using this for more than 10 hours then it’s time to charge the speaker.
Time needed: 3 hours.
- Insert the micro USB charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
You can access this by opening the rubber cover on the side.
- Insert the other end of the micro USB charging cord to a USB wall charger
The wall charger should have an output not greater than 2.0A.
Connect the wall charger to a power outlet then leave this charging for at least 3 hours. Check if you can turn on the speaker.
Method 2: Force start the speaker
There’s a possibility that the issue is caused by a software glitch which is why you will need to force the speaker to turn on.
- Press and hold the power button for up to 5 seconds or until you hear a beep.
- When the speaker has turned on try pairing it with your phone.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If the battery of the speaker is damaged then you won’t be able to turn on this speaker. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat or if it has been water damaged. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Although this speaker is designed to be used in the shower there’s still the possibility that water can get inside it. When this happens it will damage its internal circuit. If this is what’s causing the problem you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.