GeForce Experience designed by Nvidia Company is a popular graphics card that keeps Nvidia graphics card up to date, optimizes game settings and allows you to screenshot and record your games for that satisfying gaming experience. Although there are some instances wherein GeForce Experience Scanning Failed errors occur when the app scans your computer for games that are installed. As a matter if fact, GeForce Experience does not support all games. That is why it is also helpful to know if the game that you want to install is supported by GeForce Experience or not. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the ways on how to fix GeForce Scanning Failed Error issue.
What to do if GeForce Experience Scanning Failed Error occurs
There are several causes that can be responsible for GeForce Experience Scanning Failed Error message to occur ranging from a faulty or old drivers to issues with administrative access. Listed below are the troubleshooting solutions you need to do to fix GeForce Scanning Failed Error issue.
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting solutions listed below its best to restart your computer first. This will refresh the operating system and remove any corrupted temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Nvidia Graphics Card Drivers
Old or faulty driver can cause game errors on GeForce Experience. Therefore it is recommended to uninstall Nvidia Graphics Card driver and then perform a clean install of the new available driver. That way, graphics card driver related problems will also be prevented to occur in the future.
To do this:
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open RUN dialog box.
A little box will pop up at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- At RUN dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc“ and press Enter.
Or click OK to open Device Manager section.
- Click Display Adapters to expand it.
There are a lot of devices you can find under the Device Manager window.
- Right click on Nvidia Graphics Card and click Uninstall Device from the drop down menu.
Confirm prompts to confirm uninstall of graphics card driver. Wait for Graphics Card Driver to be completely uninstalled.
- Go to Nvidia Website.
You can log on to Nvidia.com for that.
- Input the correct details and information of the graphics card and then Click Search.
It might take a minute for the search results to show up.
- Select from the list of available drivers and then click Download.
Save and open downloaded file to execute and then follow the on-screen instructions on how to install it.
- At Installation screen, choose the option Custom (Advanced) then click Next
If you really don't need to edit any setting, the Express installation is fine.
- Click the option Perform a Clean installation, then click Next.
You might find this step helpful if you know what you're doing.
- GeForce Experience
Check if GeForce Scanning Failed Issue still occurs.
Method 2: Run GeForce Experience Program as an Administrator
There are certain games and features installed on your computer that requires administrative permission to be able to access it. Grant administrative access to GeForce Experience users and check if the issue will be resolved.
To do this:
- Right click on GeForce Experience shortcut and click on Properties from the drop down menu.
- At Properties window, click on Compatibility tab
- Under Settings, click on the option Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click Apply to apply changes made.
- Click OK to exit properties window.
After running GeForce Experience as an Administrator, relaunch GeForce Experience and then check if GeForce Scanning Failed Issue still occurs.
Method 3: Provide Full Control and Take Ownership of the Installation Folders
If scanning fail problem issue only appears when games are installed on a certain folders on your computer, make sure to take ownership of the game folders. This will provide users permission to access it and will be able to scan the games.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the installation folder for all the programs on your computer. It is usually located on your Drive C Program files (x86) Folder.
- Right click on Program Files (X86) folder and select Properties from the drop down menu.
- Click Security tab at Properties window
- Click on Advanced tab, a new window opens
- Click on Change button of the Owner section.
- Type Everyone at the section Enter the object name to select.
- Click on Check names tab, Everyone text will then be underlined.
- Click OK to apply changes.
After taking ownership of the game folders, Check if GeForce Scanning Failed Error Issue still occurs.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Nvidia GeForce Experience
Uninstalling and performing a clean install of GeForce Experience ensures that you will have the latest version of the app installed on your computer.
To do this:
- Type “Control Panel” at the search bar located on the lower left of your Windows.
- Click on Control Panel Result.
- At Control Panel result, make sure View by is set to Category.
- Click Uninstall a program at the Programs tab.
- At Programs and Features tab, locate and highlight Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Right click on it and select Uninstall. Follow the onscreen instructions on how to uninstall. Wait for it to complete.
- After the uninstallation, download the latest version from Nvidia’s official website and install it.
- Restart your computer
Once computer completely reboots, check if GeForce Scanning Failed Error Issue still occurs.
After following the steps mentioned, you will successfully fix GeForce Experience Scanning Failed Error Issue .
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.