The Beolit 20 Bluetooth not working issue prevents you from connecting the speaker to your smartphone. There are several reasons why this is happening such as a drained speaker battery, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The Bang & Olufsen Beolit 20 is a portable Bluetooth speaker with an amazing sound quality. It comes with a handy carry strap allowing you to easily bring it anywhere you go. Some of its features include an 8 hour playtime on a single charge, Qi wireless charging, and a classic design just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the B&O Beolit 20:
- Speaker Configuration: 3 x 1.5” Full Range, 1 x 5.5” Long-Stroke Wideband Woofer, 2 x 4” Passive Bass Radiators
- Amplifier: 2 x 35W Class D for Woofer And Tweeter
- Sound Direction: 360 Degrees
- Frequency Range: 37 – 20.000 Hz
- Maximum Loudness @1m (SPL): 93dB SPL
- Bass Capability: 77dB SPL
- Wireless Codec: AAC, SBC
- Materials: Anodised Aluminium, Vegetable Tanned Leather, Plastic
- Weight: 2700 g
- Dimensions: 135 W x 230 H x 189 D mm
- Battery Playtime: Up to 37 hours at background listening volume, Up to 8 hours at typical listening volumes
- Battery Size: 3.200 mAh
- Power Supply: 15V DC / 3A Via USB-C Connector
- Charging time: 3 hours at 15V – 3A Charging
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Inputs and Outputs: USB-C For Charging, 3.5mm Mini-Jack
Problem: The Bang & Olufsen Beolit 20 can’t pair to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Beolit 20 Bluetooth speaker is when you can’t connect it to your phone. This can be an annoying issue especially if you need to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Perform a factory reset on Beolit 20
One of the main causes of this problem is a glitch in the speaker firmware. You can perform a factory reset or hard reset which will delete the data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the speaker.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on the Beolit 20.
You can do this by pressing on the Power button.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and the Power buttons simultaneously.
You should do this for 3 seconds until the light indicator turns red.
After performing these steps try to check if you can connect to the speaker.
Solution 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
There’s a possibility that the speaker is currently paired to another device or is not yet paired at all. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the Beolit 20.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds
When the light begins flashing dark blue the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect. Try connecting to the speaker.
Solution 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not working issue
If the battery of the speaker is drained then there’s a possibility that the Bluetooth feature will not work. If this is the culprit then all you need to do to fix this is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 3.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3 hours then check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 4: Beolit 20 and other Bluetooth Device is not in range
The distance between this speaker and device it is connecting to should not exceed 100 feet. This range will decrease if there are obstructions or signal interferences between both devices.
Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to side by side then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the Beolit 20 Bluetooth not working issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.