The screen flickering problem may hit the owners of entry-level and high-end smartphones alike. It can be just a pretty minor problem caused by apps or issues with the firmware, or it can be a hardware issue that may have resulted from physical or liquid damage. Some owners of the Realme X2 Pro have complained about the screen flickering issue. Most of them said the screen flickers every now and then but not that frequent.
In this article, we will tackle this problem. We will look into all possibilities to determine the reason why the screen flickers every now and then. Once we’ll be able to know the cause, it would be a lot easier to fix it. So, if you’re an owner of this phone and are currently being bugged by a similar issue, continue reading because this post may be able to help you one way or the other.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you are looking for a solution to a different issue, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed some of the most common problems reported by our readers. Find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If you still need our help after that, then feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting a Realme X2 Pro with screen flickering problem
When it comes to troubleshooting a smartphone that may seem to have either a firmware or hardware issue, it’s best to start from the most basic. As the owner, you should be the first one to know, or at least have a hunch, if this issue is due to a physical or liquid damage. For instance, if the problem started after the phone was dropped, then it’s almost certain that it’s a hardware issue. However, if it occurred without apparent reason or cause, then try the following procedures and see if you can make the phone work perfectly again…
First solution: Perform the Forced Restart to fix screen flickering
The very first thing that you have to do if your X2 Pro started to have the screen flickering issue without apparent reason is the Forced Restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that will refresh your device’s memory and reload all apps and services. It’s important to do this method because it’s possible that the flickering is caused by some minor firmware-related issues or glitches. Here’s how you do that:
- Press the Volume Up button and the Power key at the same time, and then hold them both for 10 seconds or until the Realme logo shows.
Once your phone has finished the reboot, use it as you normally would and see if the screen flickering issue is gone. If it remained, then move on to the next solution.
ALSO READ: What to do if your Realme X2 Pro won’t charge | fix charging issue
Second solution: Reset the System Settings of your Realme X2 Pro
Resettings all the settings of your phone may be the solution we’re looking for. It’s because this problem, if it occurred out of the blue, could be a result of some settings in your device. Resetting the system settings won’t delete any of your files, data or apps. So, don’t worry about not making a backup because they’re safe. Follow these steps to reset the system settings of your Realme X2 Pro…
- From the Home screen, swipe up to pull the App drawer.
- Find and then tap on Settings. (You may also swipe from the top of the screen to pull the Notification Center down, and then tap the Settings icon at the top-right corner.)
- Find and tap Additional Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and tap Back Up and Reset.
- Touch Reset to Factory Settings.
- Now, touch Reset System Settings Only.
- Enter your security lock, if prompted.
- Touch Reset System Settings Only.
- Touch Reset System Settings Only to confirm.
- A small box will pop up that says ‘Restoring…’
- When the reset is finished, you’ll see the message ‘System settings have been restored.’
Once the reset is finished, try to see if the screen flickering still occurs. If it still does, then you have to do the next solution.
ALSO READ: How to fix a Realme X2 Pro that can’t send SMS or text message
Third solution: Factory reset your Realme X2 Pro
If the first and second solutions didn’t fix the problem and the screen flickering still occurs every now and then, what you have to do next is to reset your phone. This is going to be your last resort and if the problem is software-related, a reset should be able to fix it. If the reset cannot get rid of the screen flickering, then it’s safe to assume that the problem is with the hardware. And if that’s the case, you have to bring the device to a tech.
But before that, create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted during the reset. After the backup, remove your Google account so that you won’t be locked out. When ready, follow these steps to reset your Realme X2 Pro:
- Turn your Realme X2 Pro first.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or until the Realme logo shows.
- Select English by pressing the Power key or by simply tapping the option itself.
- Type Wipe Data to initiate the reset.
- Enter the verification code that’s provided on the screen.
- Now, you have two options: Wipe data but keeps your SMS, Contacts and Photos, or Format that data partition, which will delete everything.
- Tap the choice you want. (In this tutorial, let’s choose Format data.)
- Tap OK to proceed.
- Wait until the wiping of the data partition is complete.
- When you’re prompted that it’s successful, tap OK.
- Your phone will reboot, so wait until it’s finished restarting.
- Now, follow on-screen instructions to set up your phone again.
When the reset and setup are finished, try to see if the screen flickering issue is fixed.
ALSO READ: How to fix a Realme X2 Pro that won’t send MMS or picture message
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Realme X2 Pro with screen flickering issue. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.