Do you want to keep the app notifications on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 stay hidden so that other people can’t see it on the lock screen? You can easily turn off lock screen notifications or choose which notification can be displayed on the lock screen on a per-app basis.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 is one of the latest premium Samsung phones that uses a foldable display form factor. It’s a solid performing device that makes multitasking between different apps easy when unfolded due to its larger screen real estate. One drawback to this type of phone is that it is heavier and thicker than most of the regular smartphone models.
How do I hide notification content on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Lock screen?
Your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 has a feature that allows you to hide all or selected notifications from the lock screen. This keeps any sensitive information private and hidden from other people.
Here are the ways you can manage your phone lock screen notifications.
Turn off all lock screen notifications
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone.
- Tap Lock Screen.
- Tap Notifications.
- Turn off the switch found on the upper right side. Take note that this switch is only available if a screen lock is enabled.
Show icons only notifications
If you would only like to see the icon of the app that has a notification and not the detailed content, then you should choose the icon only option.
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone.
- Tap Lock Screen.
- Tap Notifications and make sure that the notification switch is on.
- Select icon only.
Other lock screen notifications setting you can adjust are as follows.
Transparency: Adjust the slider to see more of your Lock screen wallpaper.
Auto-reverse text color: Automatically adjusts the color of the notification text to make it more readable.
Hide content: Hide notification content in the Notification panel.
Notifications to show: Enable either Alert and silent notifications, or Alert notifications only.
Show on Always On Display: Show or hide notifications when Always On Display is enabled.
Sometimes you just want to stop getting notifications from a particular app for a set period of time. In order to do this, you just need to snooze its notifications.
To snooze a notification from the Lock screen, tap the down arrow to fully open the notification.
Tap the Snooze icon (it looks like a bell), select your desired amount of time, and then tap Save.
Block app notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications from a particular app then here’s what you need to do.
- From Settings, tap Notifications then tap More under Recently sent.
- Tap the drop-down menu at the top.
- Tap All.
- Tap the switch(es) next to the app(s) that you would like to block notifications for.
- To view what apps you’ve blocked, tap the drop-down menu, and then tap Notifications turned off.
Troubleshooting notification issues on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
If you are having issues with the notifications on your phone home screen, then here’s what you need to do.
Restart your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Restarting your phone refreshes your phone’s operating system and will fix any notification issues caused by a software glitch.
This process will reboot the operating system of the phone and reload all of its services. Your personal data, files, and apps will remain unchanged.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power key and Volume down button on the right edge for approximately 15 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears.
Check for software updates
One of the reasons why your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 will have notification related issues is because it is running on an outdated software version.
You need to manually check for any new software updates available for your Samsung device and apply them immediately. It’s best to manually check for major Android updates regularly as sometimes the automatic update feature is delayed.
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
Perform a Factory Reset
This procedure will erase your phone data and bring it back to its original condition. Any corrupted data stored in the operating system which could be causing this problem will be completely removed.
Before proceeding with this procedure, it is recommended that you backup your Galaxy Fold 4 data.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. You can use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the side key to select.
- Select Factory data reset. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Select Reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
- Set up your Android phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn on or off the emergency alerts notifications?
Most phones will receive emergency alerts from public services that alert you of extreme weather conditions, missing persons or other local and national emergencies. You can enable or disable any of these alerts except for national alerts.
Open Settings, and then tap Notifications. Tap Advanced settings, and then tap Wireless emergency alerts. You can then manage these alerts, Extreme threats, Severe threats, AMBER alerts, Public safety messages, Test alerts.
Why am I not getting notifications on my lock screen?
You should make sure your phone has a good reception. You should also make sure that the lock screen notifications of your phone is turned on.
How to limit notifications on Galaxy Fold 4?
Tap and hold on the app icon you want to disable notifications.
Next click on App info.
Then tap on Notifications.
Now tap on Show notifications and toggle it off.
How do I block messages in my phone?
From the home screen, select the messages app. Select the desired message thread. Select the Drop-down icon, then select the Info icon. Select More, then select Block contact. Select Block to block the contact.
How do I unblock messages in my phone?
To remove a number from the Blocked numbers list, from the Messages app, select the Menu icon then select Settings. Select Block numbers and spam. Select Block numbers. Select the Remove icon next to the desired number to unblock.