The JBL Link 300 not turning on issue can be caused by several factors. It could be caused by a software glitch, a defective power cord , or even a faulty circuit. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps on the device.
The JBL Link 300 is a Bluetooth speaker that comes with a built-in Google Assistant. This speaker will fit nicely in any room and with its voice free operation can be operated easily. Some of its features include a built-in Chromecast, 24 bit/ 96 kHz sound quality, as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Link 300:
- Transducer: 1 x 89mm woofer, 1 x 20mm tweeter
- Output power: 2 x 25W
- Frequency response: 55Hz–22kHz (-6dB)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Power supply: 19VDC, 3.0A
- Wireless network: 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Supported audio formats: HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), FLAC, Opus
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 236mm x 134mm x 154mm
- Weight: 1.7kg
What to do when your JBL Link 300 will not turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Link 300 Bluetooth speaker is when you cannot turn it on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you need to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Link 300
The first troubleshooting step you should do is a factory reset or hard reset. This is a procedure that deletes the data stored on this Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Mute button.
Do this for around 10-15 seconds.
Try checking if the speaker turns on.
Method 2: Connect the power adapter to fix not turning on issue
There’s a possibility that the problem is simply caused by the power cable not connected properly to the speaker.
- Insert the AC power cable into the power port of the speaker. Make sure the connection is tight.
- Plug the power cord to a power outlet. Make sure this cord is connected securely to the power adapter.
Try turning on the speaker. If it still does not turn on try using a different power adapter.
Method 3: Faulty circuit board
There’s a possibility that the internal circuit or the power port of the speaker is damaged. If this is what’s causing the problem then you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having the JBL Link 300 not turning on issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.