The Motion Boom Bluetooth not working issue can be caused by different factors. The speaker might not be paired, the battery might not be charged, or this could be due to a setting issue. You need to do a series of troubleshooting steps on the speaker to fix this.
The Anker Soundcore Motion Boom is a portable Bluetooth speaker that’s designed for outdoor use. It has an excellent louds sound volume with a booming bass sound making it ideal for any party. You don’t even have to worry about this speaker getting wet as it is designed to float on water. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, 24 hour playtime, and an adjustable equalizer just to name a few.
Technical specifications of the Anker Soundcore Motion Boom:
- Input: 5V/2A
- Audio Output: 30w/2* 2.5’ Titanium drivers
- Battery Capacity: 10000mAh
- Charge Time: around 4 hrs at 5V/2A
- Bluetooth Frequency Range: 2400 – 2485MHz
- Bluetooth type: 5.0
- Sound Frequency Range: 60Hz ~ 20kHz(-3dB)
- THD+N: 《1%
- Fully Waterproof: IPX7-rated protection
- PowerIQ Technology: Motion Boom is equipped with Anker’s proprietary technology to charge your phone at the optimum speed while you listen to music.
- USB-C Charging: Fast and convenient charging.
What to do when your Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Bluetooth connection is not working
An issue that you might encounter with your Motion Boom Bluetooth speaker is when you cannot pair it with another Bluetooth device. This can be an annoying problem especially if you want to play your favorite music on the speaker. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this.
Solution 1: Perform a factory reset on the Motion Boom
The first troubleshooting step you should do is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure will wipe out the data on the Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful procedure to do when you are experiencing issues with this Bluetooth speaker.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on Soundcore Motion Boom.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
- Hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons down at the same time.
Do this for 5-10 seconds or until it restarts.
Try checking if the Bluetooth connection works.
Solution 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
There’s a possibility that the speaker is currently paired to another device or is not yet paired at all. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker. All you need to do is to press the Bluetooth button to enter pairing mode. You can then search for this speaker on your phone then connect to it.
Solution 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not working issue
There’s a possibility that this issue is caused by the battery of the speaker not having enough charge. If this is the culprit then all you need to do to fix this is to charge the speaker.
- Pull down the rubber flap to access the charging port.
- Insert the smaller end of the USB-C charging cord into the charging port.
- Insert the larger end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of 5V/2.1A.
Charge this speaker for at least 4 hours then try checking if you can pair it with your phone.
Solution 4: Motion Boom and other Bluetooth device is not in range
The distance between this speaker and device it will be connecting to should not exceed 66 feet. The range decreases if the devices are separated by walls or there are signal interferences between them. Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to closer then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the Motion Boom Bluetooth not working issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.