There are several factors that can cause Bose Sport Open Earbud battery does not charge problem ranging from a faulty charger, earbuds incorrectly placed on charging base, battery temperature issues, battery life to a bug in the software. In here, we will talk about specification details relating to your Bose Sport Open Earbuds and the recommended troubleshooting solutions that you can try to fix battery will not charge problem on Bose sport open earbuds.
What to do if Bose Sport open Earbuds battery will not charge
Before we proceed with the troubleshooting solutions, here are the product specs details of Bose sport open earbuds for your reference:
- Earbuds Dimensions: 2.2″ H x 1.9″ W x 0.75″ D
- Charging case dimensions: 1.2″ H x 3.8″ W (1.7 oz)
- Weight: 0.49 ounce each earbud
- Material: PC-ABS plastic composite
- Battery life: 8 hours (up to 3 hours for a quick 30-miute charge)
- Battery Charging time: 2 hours
- Charging method: Charging base to USB-A port on PC or wall charger (standard; e.g. phone charger)
- Microphones: 2 (one on each earbud)
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet (9 meters)
- Bluetooth versions: 5.1 (A2DP, HFP, AVRCP, BLE)
- Water Resistance rating: IPX4
- Bose Music App: Yes
- Finish: Triple Black
Listed below are the troubleshooting solutions that you can try to fix not charging issue on Bose sport open earbuds:
Solution 1: Make sure Bose earbuds are correctly placed on charging base
It is possible that Bose sport open earbuds is not charging because earbuds was not placed correctly on its charging base. To fix this, ensure that Bose earbuds product are placed on charging base correctly when charging.
Posts you might like
Important notes to remember:
- Blinking Blue: Bose product are not place correctly on the charging base, and it will not charge
- If during playtime, earbuds are placed on charging base music should automatically stop. However, if the music does not stop when earbuds are placed on charging base it means that earbuds are not on placed correctly on the charging base and it will not charge.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Locate the L (Left) and R (Right) markings on each of the earbuds.
This is to ensure that you will correctly place each earbud on the correct side.
- Place earbuds on the charging base according to its side L or R.
Ensure markings match the markings on the charging base. Bose product will magnetically put into place whenever earbuds comes in contact with the charging base. A white blinking light appears, this means that charging is taking place.
- When it is fully charged, white blinking light turns into solid white.
Try charging sport open earbuds again and then check if not charging issue still occurs.
Solution 2: Use a different USB charger
Just like with any electronic device, charge time varies with the chargers being used to charge. Chargers with a higher current rating of at least 1 Amp or 1000 milliamp charges faster as compared to c lower current rating of below 1 amp or below 1000 milliamp.
To know this, on the USB charger try to look for the small text that should indicate the current rating with amp or milliamp label on the charger. If USB charger is less than the recommended 1 amp, try to used a different charger that meets the power required for sport open earbuds.
Try charging Bose earbuds again and then check if not charging issue still occurs.
Solution 3: Make sure Bose Open earbuds are in room temperature
If the battery of Bose Open sport earbuds are exposed to extreme hot or cold temperature, it can affect its charging. If the temperature of Bose product batter is above the required temperature level, you may need to wait until Bose product are in room temperature.
Once Bose earbuds are in room temperature, charge Bose earbuds again and then check if not charging issue still occurs.
Solution 4: Reset Bose earbuds
This method reboots Bose sport open earbuds and brings it back to its default state. This means that saved settings will be cleared and or erased.
To do this:
- Put both earbuds on charging base. Check if markings (L or R) on each earbuds match the marking on the charging base so that it will magnetically snap to the charging base). To know if earbuds are correctly placed, status light blinks once.
- Press and hold button on right (R) earbud for 10 seconds. Wait for status light to blink twice
- Press and hold button on left (L) earbud for 10 seconds. Wait for status light to blink twice.
- Reset process is complete once status light indicates a steady solid white.
Try charging Bose sport open earbuds again and then check if resetting resolve your issue with Bose product
Solution 5: Bring Bose earbuds for service
If none of the solutions mentioned above did not fix not charging issue on Bose Open earbuds, you may need to bring Bose product in for service. Check with your local directory for the nearest authorized Bose service center to have Bose product diagnose and repair Bose sport open earbuds
After following the solutions mentioned above, you will successfully fix Battery will not charge problem on Bose sport open earbuds.
Feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos
Quick links search: