If you’re fond of shooters, you should consider playing the new Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0. The game is now available in Steam, Battle.net, PlayStation, and Xbox so there’s definitely a much bigger fan base that can be expected, thanks to Warzone’s crossplay feature.
And while crossplay cannot be disabled for PC players, console players can remain locked within their platform by simply turning it off under Settings.
In this guide, we’ll show you the easy steps to do that.
What is crossplay in Warzone 2.0?
The latest massive free-to-play shooter from Activision, the Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0, can be played across a number of platforms. The game is now available in both Battle.net and Steam for PC players, as well as in 4th and 5th generation consoles.
That said, the game is designed to be playable in multiple platforms around the world that it’s unthinkable for it not to feature crossplay.
Crossplay, for the uninitiated, means that an online multiplayer game like Warzone 2.0, allows players to play with others regardless of the devices they’re playing on. This means that Warzone 2.0 players on PC can join a match with someone who plays on a PlayStation (PS4 or PS5) or Xbox (Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S).
How to enable Crossplay in Warzone 2.0?
By default, the crossplay feature, also known as cross network play, in Warzone 2.0 is enabled by default so if you never touched it before, the feature is likely on at this time.
However, if you want to disable it, or if you forgot how to enable it again after turning it off before, here are the easy ways to do it.
The steps below will show you how to enable crossplay in both PlayStation and Xbox.
Disabling cross-play is not an option for PC players.
How to enable crossplay in Warzone 2.0 on PlayStation (PS4 or PS5)
It’s the same process in enabling or disabling cross-play for both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. All you have to do is to go to the Settings menu and toggle the switch from there.
Here are the exact steps:
- Run Warzone 2.0 and go to the Home screen of the game.
- On your controller, press the Options button.
- Go to the Settings menu scroll by pressing the R1 button 3 times.
- Go to Account & Network.
- Find Crossplay and toggle the switch to ON or OFF.
How to enable crossplay in Warzone 2.0 on Xbox (Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S)
If you’re playing on either an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, you need to go the the General Settings of your console to enable or disable crossplay. Here’s how:
- Turn on your Xbox.
- Go to the Settings menu of your device by selecting the Gear icon.
- Go to Online safety & family.
- Select Privacy & online safety.
- Select Xbox Privacy.
- Select View Details and Customize.
- Go to Communication & multiplayer.
- If you want to enable crossplay settings, select the dropdown menu under Cross-network play and make sure to choose Allow. If you want to disable crossplay, simply select Block in this section.
- Close the Settings menu and check if you can now play with others from other platforms in Warzone 2.0.
- Can I disable crossplay in Warzone 2.0 if am playing on PC?
No. PC players do not have the Crossplay option under Settings. Crossplay is only available for console players. This means that PC players will always have to play with or against players from all platforms.
- How does crossplay work in Warzone 2.0?
Crossplay in Warzone 2.0 is completely optional for console players but not for PC players. Gamers on consoles, however, will only be placed in PC lobbies if they are paired with PC players. So, if you and your friend are playing on a PlayStation, you will most likely be playing against console players only and not be placed in PC lobbies. The same goes for Xbox players, even if they enabled crossplay on their device.
While playing against PC players can sometimes be frustrating, disabling crossplay is not recommended as that can add the time in the queue. However, if you don’t mind waiting for a longer time, consider disabling crossplay instead.