Do you want to place a date stamp on the picture captured on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4? You can’t do this using the stock camera app however this can be done using the Samsung gallery app. If you are interested on how this is done, then check out the steps below.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a premium Android phone that is best known for its foldable form factor. It can be used just like any other smartphone however it’s display can be folded so that the device can easily fit in a pocket when not in use. Some of its best features include a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip and a battery capacity of 3700 mAh.
Can you put the date on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 photos?
If you check your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 camera settings, you won’t find anything that allows you to automatically place the date and time information on any photo taken. If you want this information added to your photos, then you will have to do this manually using the Samsung gallery app.
Here’s how to add the date and time sticker on your photos.
Time stamp camera photos using Gallery app of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
You can easily place the date and time information on any photo using the gallery app of your phone.
- Open the Gallery app. All your pictures and videos will be visible using the Samsung Gallery app.
- Select the photo you want to put a date stamp and time stamp.
- Tap edit or the pen tool at the bottom of the selected photo.
- Tap the smiley icon once you have accessed the edit mode.
- Tap the stickers option.
- Tap the calendar icon.
- Drag the date sticker to the wherever you want it to appear on the photo.
- Tap save to save the edit over the original photo.
Time stamp camera photos using third-party app on your Galaxy Z Flip 4
You can also place the date and time information on your photos using a third-party app that you can download from the Google Play Store. One popular app is the Timestamp Camera app. It has a free version that comes with ads however if you want the ad free experience then we recommend you get the pro version.
- Open The Google Play Store.
- Search for Timestamp Camera and tap Install once found.
- After the installation, tap Open to run the camera.
The latest version of the app will automatically display the date and time stamp as well as the location where the photo was taken. To change the default settings such as excluding any location data you just have to go to the app settings.
Troubleshooting Gallery app issues on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
If you are experiencing issues with the date and time stamp feature of your phone, then here’s what you need to do.
Check for the latest software updates
One of the reasons why your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 will have issues with the date and time stamp is because of a bug in its current software version.
You need to manually check for any new system updates available for your Samsung mobile device and apply them immediately.
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
Perform a restart
A restart is usually done when the phone is experiencing minor issues. This procedure will basically close all running apps and processes. Your device RAM will also be cleared of temporary data allowing the phone to run smoothly.
- Turn off the Galaxy z Fold 4 by pressing and holding the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again. The phone will turn off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to check the date that the photo was taken on at a glance?
Open the Gallery app.
Select the picture that you want to check regarding its detailed information.
Swipe up the enlarged picture with your finger.
The exact date and time information for the picture displays on the top.
- How do I access the date and time stamp setting of my Galaxy Z Flip 4?
On the gallery app tap on the image you want to place a time stamp then tap on edit or the pen tool. From there tap on the smiley icon then tap on stickers.
- Can I set the default camera app to display time stamps?
The Galaxy Z Flip 4 camera does not have a setting to display time stamps on photos taken.
- Can I use a tempered glass on my Galaxy Z Flip 4?
Since you are using a flip phone then it is not advisable to use a tempered glass as this is a thick kind of screen protector that might damage your phone display when it is folded.
- Why does my phone keep glitching out of apps?
This might be due to a corrupted software. Try to do a factory reset to fix this issue.