This post will walk you through adding a new personalized folder to the latest Pixel 7’s internal storage directory. Here’s a quick guide to create a folder on Google Pixel 7.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
Similar to computers, modern Android smartphones are also capable of creating new directories for you to store personal files and documents. All you have to do is use the inbuilt Files application.
Outlined below is a step-by-step walkthrough about creating a new folder on the newest Google Pixel smartphone. If you’re wondering how to create a dedicated folder where you can store all your personal files and documents on this device, then you may go ahead and refer to these subsequent instructions.
- Open the built-in File manager app on your Pixel 7.
To do so, simply tap on the Files icon on the Apps tray of your phone.
- While in the Files main screen, scroll down to the bottom section and then tap to open the Browse tab.
A list of all existing directories and folders will load up next.
- Navigate to the Storage devices section then tap Internal storage.
The internal storage menu will load up next with a list of all main folders with their respective contents.
- To create a new folder under the Internal storage directory, tap the three dots located on the upper-right corner.
Doing so opens a sub-menu with a few options.
- Select Add new folder from the given options to proceed.
The New folder pop-up window opens next. Here, you are provided with a text field to enter the folder name that you’d like to use.
- Simply type in your preferred name for the new folder to create. Once you’re done typing the folder name, tap Create folder.
The new folder you recently created will then be added to the list of folders in the Internal storage menu. As recommended, the folder name must be relevant to its content.
- To open your folder, simply locate and then tap on the folder name.
You will then be taken to the new folder’s content.
- Should you wish to create a new sub-folder under your recently created folder, just tap on the three-dots located on the top-right corner of your new folder then select the option to Create new folder.
Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to finish creating your sub-folder. You can create multiple folders inside a folder accordingly. Just repeat the above steps if needed.
- Google Pixel 7
Now that you’ve already created your new folder, you should be all set to store your files in it.
Creating a Hidden Folder on Pixel 7
If you want to add more security to your files, you can create a new dedicated hidden folder instead.
The process is likely the same as when creating a new normal folder but the main difference is in the naming process.
Should you wish to give it a shot, just refer to these steps:
- First, launch the Files app to access the built-in File manager app on your phone.
- While in the Files app menu, navigate to the Internal storage menu and then tap on the three dots located on the upper-right corner.
- Tap Create new folder from the sub-menu options to proceed.
- On the New folder pop-up, type the desired folder name but this time, add a dot (.) before the folder name. The dot makes the folder hidden by default.
- So the format would be .NewHiddenFolder.
- After naming your hidden folder, tap the Create folder button.
Your new dedicated hidden folder is now created and all set to store all your sensitive information.
To make your recently created folder visible, simply turn on the option to Show hidden files from the Files app settings menu. All hidden files and folders including the one you recently created will then become visible and accessible under their respective main directories.
To hide them again, just turn off the switch next to Show hidden files.
And that’s all about creating a new folder on the new Google Pixel 7 smartphone.