The Warframe black screen on Windows 10 startup is usually caused by corrupted data or a software bug. To fix this you need to make sure to update the graphics card driver, game, and Windows 10 system. Try running the game in windowed mode as this usually fixes this problem.
Warframe is a free to play third person shooter action role playing game first released by Digital Extremes last 2013. The game allows you to control an ancient warrior race called Tenno in a quest to complete various missions. It is consistently one of the most popular Steam games played on a daily basis.
What to do when you get the black screen on startup of Warframe
One of the problems that you might encounter when playing this game is when you get the black screen when you launch it. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
Make sure that your computer meets the system requirements to play the game.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (32-bit not supported)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
- Video: DirectX 10+ capable Graphics Card
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 35 GB available HD space
- Internet: Broadband Internet Connection Required
Method 1: Verify and Optimize Warframe’s cache files to fix black screen on Windows 10
If the problem is caused by a corrupted or missing game file then you will need to verify then optimize the game using the game stand-alone launcher.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Verify the game
- Open Warframe.
You can do this by clicking on it from the Start menu list of applications
- Click Settings.
This can be found on the upper right side of the Warframe launcher window.
- Click the Verify button then click on OK and wait for the process to finish
This will verify the game files.
- Click the optimize button.
This will optimize the game files.
Method 2: Update your graphics card driver
A common cause of this problem is an old graphics card driver. Make sure that your computer has the latest driver version installed. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then here’s what you need to do.
- Right click on the NVIDIA settings icon.
- Click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click Check for updates.
If you don’t see the GeForce Experience then you should download it first from here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
Alternatively, you can also update your graphics card driver from the device manager.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Display Adapters.
- Right click the display adapter then click Update driver.
- Click search automatically for drivers.
Method 3: Update Windows 10
Make sure that your computer is running on the latest Windows 10 update.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Click Windows Update found in the left pane.
- Click Check for updates. If any updates are found then you should install them.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Warframe black screen on Windows 10 startup issue.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.